Military Analyst Lead
Company: ALION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: August 14, 2019
The Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) Lead is a member of the Navy
Surface Warfare Center Corona (NSWC Corona) Modeling & Simulation
(M&S) Directorate in support of Tactical Training Group
Atlantic Synthetic Training. Will oversee all JSAF operations
during all distributed supported events. Performs JSAF systems
analysis, capacity planning, system performance modeling,
reliability analysis, statistical data analysis, database design
and application development, requirements analysis, and data
modeling. The position will require support for Fleet Synthetic
Training (FST), Ballistic Missile Defense Exercise (BMDEX), and
Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) execution. In addition, performs
JSAF Training for TTGL, Afloat Training Group Atlantic (ATGN),
Expeditionary Training Group Atlantic (EWTGL), and Joint
Duties and Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Coordinate Modeling and Simulation support / scheduling for all
FST, BMDEX, NUWTAC, and LVC and various other Synthetic supported
- Conduct JSAF user training for all east coast users of the JSAF
software to include all JSAF applications and displays. Also
includes MARCI and JBUS applications.
- Work directly with the Exercise Control personnel to determine
required Game floor setup and configuration at both TTGL Gallery
Hall DTCL and Train Hall. Ensures proper software loads and Command
Line Options are set.
- Work directly with Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and
Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) daily to compile and
configure specific files within JSAF to ensure all participants
both aircraft and ships are represented properly within the Global
Command and Control System Maritime (GCCS-M) and Link 16
environments. Also should possess a good working knowledge of CAOC
- Support and develop Multi-system Automated Remote Control and
Instrumentation (MARCI) Configurations use to support all Synthetic
training conduct through TTGL GH.
- Coordinate and conduct all Modeling and Simulation JSAF
Operational checks and end-to end testing prior to each FST event
to include all Navy, Joint, and Coalition participants and
trainers. Requires extensive operational experience in a training
environment to assist in correcting issues that participants may
- Responsible for management and configuration of all Virtual
Network Connections (VNC) established laptops used by Commander
Strike Group Four (CSG4), TTGL and TTGP mentor personnel during
FST, BMDEX and NUWTAC training.
- Oversee all JSAF operations during all distributed supported
events executions and assist as necessary with issues that
operators may experience. Requires the extensive working knowledge
of a JSAF Subject Matter Expert.
- Perform JSAF systems analysis, capacity planning, system
performance modeling, reliability analysis, statistical data
analysis, database design and application development, requirements
analysis, and data modeling.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems. In some cases,
educational requirements may be adjusted or waived equivalent
exchange in years of applicable work experience. Work experience
may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely
- Minimum 10 years operational experience involving Carrier
Strike Group operations in all warfare areas.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as instructor teaching large
groups of students in software utilization.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in using JSAF in planning,
setup and execution of Distributed Synthetic / Training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the process for validation
/ verification of software.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning, setup and
execution of Distributed Training Exercises including FST, BMDEX,
NUWTAC and LVC events.
- Network and / or Security Plus Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of Joint Semi-automated Forces software
and all its variations including Plan View Display (PVD), Tactical
Control Interface (TCI) all instances (SCCD / WCCD / TCI LINK) and
- Thorough understanding of the process concerning the building
and use of the Air Tasking Order, Airspace Coordination Order, and
Standard Configuration List.
- MARCI (Multi Host Automation Remote Configuration Interface)
familiarity and basic understanding of user capabilities and
- JBUS familiarity to understand basic setup and utilization
within all types of distributed events.
- Must be familiar with Virtual Network Connection (VNC)
operations. Must possess the ability to establish VNC connections,
troubleshoot while operating and understand all protocols utilized
- Must possess the ability to conduct data analysis and assist
software developers and other technical personnel in testing
software version updates (JSAF/ MARCI/ JBUS).
Must currently hold and be able to maintain a DoD US Secret
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent - regardless of
gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation,
religion or other protected characteristics - Your Talent Is Our
Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply.
Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information.
U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
Keywords: ALION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, Virginia Beach , Military Analyst Lead, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!