HVAC Equipment Mechanic
Company: SJS Executives, LLC
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: July 13, 2019
OverviewSJS Executives is seeking an experienced HVAC Equipment
Mechanic. Our ideal candidate will have the skill and ability to
disassemble, repair and reassemble units such as pumps, impellers,
compressors, chillers, receivers, evaporators, condenser and
motors. Candidates will knowledge of the principles and theories of
air conditioning and refrigeration as they relate to the
refrigeration cycle, heat transfer laws and the use of refrigerant
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
of commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration
systems that provide a variety of functions such as heating,
cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, circulating and
- Carry certification card on person while in a duty status, the
card shall be presented upon request.
- Size and complexity of air conditioning and refrigeration
equipment worked on varies.
- Systems use various methods of air conditioning such as
mechanical and vapor compression, absorption and air cycle.
- Some of these areas may have special, critical or rigid
environmental control requirements such as communication centers,
data processing centers and operating rooms.
- Maintains the efficiency, reliability and safety of operation
of systems by checking performance, diagnosing problems, and making
necessary repairs or adjustments or by replacing defective
- Checks elements such as low side and high side pressure,
temperature of the cooling units, pressure and temperature of the
liquid and suction lines, and the running time of the various
- Repairs or replaces fans, pumps, thermostats, humidistats,
motors, compressors, valves, gauges, pneumatic and electric
controls, filters and other related elements.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by
positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers,
dehumidifiers, evaporators, heaters, and other components in
accordance with design specifications.
- Installs and connects auxiliary control mechanisms and piping
- Connects recording and gauging devices.
- Charges refrigeration systems and tests installation for
- Starts unit and adjusts it for proper operation and optimum
- Must have the skill and knowledge necessary to install,
maintain, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of air
conditioning and refrigeration systems including circulating air
and chilled water air conditioning systems, high, medium and low
temperature refrigeration systems, and total environmental control
- Make repairs to a variety of heating, ventilation; air
conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical
- Skilled in the use a variety of tools, test equipment, and
close tolerance measuring devices such as voltmeters, ammeters,
multimeters, vacuum and acid pumps, pressure gauges, serviceman's
thermometer, humidity recorders, micrometers, calipers and
- Evaluate system operation, detect deficiencies, troubleshoot
cause and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures pertaining to the use and
handling of refrigerants specified by 40 CFR 82, its codices,
amendments and subparts; all local, state and federal regulations;
and PWC policies, standard operating procedures and practices.
- Moderate lifting up to 50 pounds
- Responsible for staying abreast of current and ever-changing
environmental laws pertaining to refrigerant handling.
- Able to learn and utilize this software platform - NAVFAC's
- U.S Citizen - Proof of citizenship with be requested
- Valid State Driver's License
- Universal Certification received from an EPA approved
- CPR Certified prior to starting position
- Ability to gain base access Please send resumes to PM18SJS
Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant
Keywords: SJS Executives, LLC, Virginia Beach , HVAC Equipment Mechanic, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!