IT Desktop Support Technician
Company: ABNB Federal Credit Union
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 19, 2019
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises
- Community focused culture that allows networking and
involvement in Hampton Roads and parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short and Long
Term Disability / Tuition Reimbursement / Affordable Health
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven
- Forbes Magazine named ABNB America's Best-In-State Credit
The IT Desktop Support Technician is responsible for second level
problem resolution, problem/incident recording, and problem
escalation on help desk calls. Install, configure, and repair
hardware and software. IT Desktop Support Technician analyzes, and
monitors hardware functions and corrects the reported
- Provides second level contact and problem resolution for all
users with hardware, software, and applications problems (including
VoIP Phone system), and responds to requests for technical
assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Cleans, installs, and modifies operating systems and various
software programs including Anti-Virus, deploying software, Dell
Kace, and PowerShell scripting.
- Identifies and organizes tickets according to priority and
coordinates with other co-workers on how support requests will be
assigned to ensure all requests are properly completed.
- Provides feedback on performance of peers and consultants to
management; aids in decision making.
- Installs, services, and completes performance analysis of the
phone system and equipment.
- Exercises discretion and judgment related to the operation of
technical enterprise systems.
- Performs enterprise workstation patch management.
- Assists in maintaining network troubleshooting LAN and WAN
- Assists in installation and configuration of new hardware and
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Three years to five years of similar or related
- A two-year college degree or Completion of a specialized course
of study at a
- business or trade school or Completion of a specialized and
extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Degree in
Computer Science, Computer Technology, or A+/N+/MCP certification
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or
outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining
information, building relationships, or soliciting
- Enrollment in or completion of a comprehensive computer
technology, electronics technology, computer network technology, or
microcomputer software technology course of study from a technical
institute or business school of at least twelve months in
- Possess a broad knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and
Windows 10 operating systems.
- Climbing on ladders, lifting, and carrying equipment of at
least 25 pounds.
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt
and review of your resume. No phone calls please.
Keywords: ABNB Federal Credit Union, Virginia Beach , IT Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!