Analyst II - Accounting Systems
Posted on: September 20, 2018
Description: Position Description Are you ready for Success? Be empowered to create yours, and share in ours. Join the CarMax Accounting Department as an Analyst II in our Accounting Systems team at our Home Office in Richmond, VA. A fast-growing and innovative FORTUNE 500 company, CarMax has been named one of the "100 Best Places to Work" by FORTUNE magazine since 2005. CarMax has a proven ability to deliver game-changing business results while providing a unique, collaborative and fun culture for our associates. Associates are provided the opportunity to improve communities where they live and work through our CarMax Foundation. Our Home Office is not your usual corporate environment. In addition to being exciting, modern and casual, it is loaded with perks including on-site fitness center, walking trails, cafeteria, and much more. We are looking for you if--- You're passionate about our customers and their success. You enjoy improving their everyday basic experiences as well as participating in department-wide initiatives to transform the enterprise. You take pride in delivering reliable and innovative solutions to a diverse set of customers.
- You are willing to jump in to figure out how to solve the problem at hand and have the courage to ask for help or guidance. You're a team player who wants to grow your skills regularly and has a desire to continuously improve.
- You are equally comfortable being a key player in designing transformational Accounting systems for the entire organization and providing routine support for Month-End processes, user security, and general system troubleshooting.
- You have an understanding of accounting principles and SOX controls and apply a high level of quality to your work to ensure they are maintained. You have the ability to translate Accounting business needs into a technical solution, and then seeing it through from design to rollout. You have experience developing and/or implementing a variety of technical solutions, including:
- Hosted-third party applications and/or best-in-breed SAAS configuration and support, preferably in the world of Financials
- Information Management tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access with VBA, SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer, and Teradata
- Automation tools Blue Prism Robotic Process Automation, Foxtrot, Middleware, etc.
- Reporting tools such as Microsoft SSRS, Power BI, Crystal, XML Publisher, Tableau, etc. Position Requirements Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in IT or Accounting related course of study), preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the administration of enterprise Financial Systems
- (Preferred) Experience with design, configuration, troubleshooting, and deployment in PeopleSoft or Oracle Financials environment (PeopleSoft Financials including GL, Security, Workflow, AP or AR)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- 1 or more years of demonstrated project management ability in leading and completing projects
Keywords: carmax, Virginia Beach , Analyst II - Accounting Systems, Professions , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!