Senior Production Planner
Company: STIHL Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 12, 2022
PurposeAs a family-owned company, it's the people who continue
to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a
highly motivated, passionate Supply Chain Planner to join our
Supply Chain Team at STIHL's corporate headquarters in Virginia
This person will provide administrative, research, and project
support to company personnel involved in analyzing material
performance, supplier capabilities, and unit costs. Additionally,
will train employees, organize and assign work, maintain a
productive and motivational climate as well as analyze, plan,
schedule and tracks orders to meet MRP generated demands.
Position highlights include:
- Benefits - Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K,
bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!Job Duties &
- Minimizes assembly downtime and meet or exceed goals and
objectives in regard to cost savings, quality, inventory management
and assembly downtime.
- Provides regular training, instruction and guidance to include
the department's proper supply chain procedures, strategies, and
negotiations as well as engineering changes, use of blue prints,
the MRP system, and PC systems.
- Analyzes, plans, releases, controls, reschedules and cancels
orders based on material requirements in SAP with use of Material
Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Maintains an adequate supply of materials to keep all
production areas working, to meet spare parts requirements, and
keeps obsolete and excess material inventory levels at a
- Coordinates and implements activities of inbound and outbound
material flow between STIHL Group Subsidiaries.
- Communicates the production schedule with responsible
production departments and performs direct labor planning for these
- Monitors and evaluates production statistics and advises on
performance standards. Evaluates established time standards in
relation to actual performance and recommends action as
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels consistent with the ABC
- Selects the appropriate mode of transportation with external
suppliers to meet production and spare parts requirements.
- Keeps premium transportation costs to a minimum. Initiates
supplier bill-backs where supplier is the cause of shipping by
- Reviews capacity and develops a capacity report to identify
time periods when capacity could impact production's ability to
- Works with other departmental personnel such as Production,
Quality Assurance, and Engineering to rectify defective or
unacceptable goods and plan for the future.
- Maintains manual and computerized records and documentation
pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier
specifications, and performance histories and provides to
management as needed.
- Responsible for planning the change overs for all Engineering
- Maintains currency with respect to technical and professional
skills by attending training classes, special technical and
administrative courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as
- Maintains positive relations with suppliers through thorough
communication of STIHL philosophy, material requirements, and
pricing objectives. Contacts suppliers regarding material problems,
such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and
- Visits supplier locations to review and analyze operations, and
checks quality, evaluating short-term and long-term abilities of
suppliers to meet STIHL expectations and performs Logistics
- Works with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of
satisfactory materials received and return/rework of materials that
- The description above is intended to be a summary of the major
duties, skills, responsibilities, and education and experience
requirements of the position. It is not intended to reflect all
possible tasks completed.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years related experience preferred.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues
and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft software,
including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MRP system; SAP applications preferred.
Keywords: STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach , Senior Production Planner, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!