Bill of Materials (BOM) Analyst
Company: STIHL Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 13, 2022
PurposeAs a family-owned company, it's the people who continue
to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a
highly motivated, passionate Engineering Data Management
Coordinator to join our team at STIHL's corporate headquarters in
Virginia Beach! This individual will coordinate engineering changes
from R&D or new product start-ups with affected departments in
the US such as Production Planning, Supply Chain, Quality,
Marketing, Purchasing etc., as well as, serve as area expert for
the SAP system, including system improvements, customized
transaction testing, and implementation of new modules.
Position highlights include:
- Benefits - Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K,
bonuses, and PENSION!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads regular meetings informing other departments of current
and incoming changes or projects; potential effective dates,
testing and run dates and impact to current company processes.
- Serves as user expert for SAP projects such as system and
process improvements, customized transactions, and implementation
of additional SAP-modules.
- Analyzes engineering changes or new product documentation to
determine appropriate Bill of Materials (B.O.M.), affected
departments, and potential impact of the changes on current
- Receives technical information or changes from STIHL Germany.
Reviews documentation, corrects if necessary and initiates
translation for departmental understanding.
- Manages creation of new parts in SAP, including component
parts. Manages new part procurement / production, prototype
inventory, and release stats on parts availability.
- Manages alternative BOMs for active deviation permits to allow
for the temporary substitution of a part
- Manage deviations from "EC phase-in dates" from Germany, in
order to ensure proper inventory use-up.
- Generates new material master data records and maintains
- Generates new Bill of Materials (BOM's) and maintains of
- Create and manage BOM's for Spare Parts
- Maintains start of production (Serial Numbers) for Engineering
- Serves as expert to US employees with regard to technical
information on engineering changes from Germany.
- Maintains appropriate level of technical and professional
skills by attending training classes, seminars, exhibits, and trade
shows as needed.
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the
basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and
- 4 year college degree in related discipline preferred
- 4 years of related experience
- SAP proficiency required
- Bilingual English/German preferred
Keywords: STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach , Bill of Materials (BOM) Analyst, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!