Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Description:Specific Management Duties
- Directing employee activity to achieve performance goals for
- Building a high-performance work team to deliver an advanced
level of quality and service in all daily activities.
- Working in conjunction with senior leadership and utilizing
financial data to drive operational and performance
- Creating excitement and engaging all employees in new
opportunities and strategies.
- Generating programs and practices that deliver a high level of
customer satisfaction, restoration of the facility and long-term
- Oversee and supervise the efficient operation of the facility
equipment and systems.
- Communication regularly with Management on matters relating to
the services performed.
- Implement and conduct training programs for operating the
facility equipment and systems.
- Monitor and supervise contracted jobs when it is not practical
for them to be performed in-house, or as may be requested by
- Inspect buildings and equipment for repair and maintenance
- Ensure that work responsibilities are allocated properly among
subordinates by developing and implementing manpower schedules and
work methods and procedures that are designed to obtain low cost,
efficient operation, and a high degree of service.
- Respond to emergency facility requests.
- Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and
projects that aim to reduce short- and long-term operating costs
and total cost of ownership; increase productivity or
- Collaborate to solve problems and resolve unique, spontaneous
situations with professionalism and service orientation. Ensure
delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction.
Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding
solutions for service delivery.
- Provide direction/information to vendors, and service providers
as required to ensure excellent coordination/execution of work
within client environment with minimal disruption.
- Coordinate discussions with vendors around performance, and
support Vendor QA efforts.
- Support Sourcing efforts in efforts to gain efficiencies in
operations and cost. This includes obtaining and initiating
necessary vendor set ups.Work Requests and Preventative Maintenance
- Develop operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
for equipment and systems.
- Establish, document, and maintain periodic operational testing
and maintenance schedules for critical systems and equipment.
- Administer an effective and accountable preventative
maintenance, cleaning and groundskeeping system tailored to the
facility using a Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- Maintain a work request system within Computerized Maintenance
Management Software (CMMS) for the control and assignment of all
on-call and unscheduled services requested by occupants of the
facility. This system is to include the work performed, where
applied, personnel assignments, time and material estimates, and
- Analysis of service requests. Ensure timely and efficient
completion, identification and action on duplicate service
requests. Follow-up as needed to ensure improvement and
- Hands-on management of all service deliverables both internal
and by sub-contractors.
- Perform basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Schedule all major equipment services including but not limited
to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire life
- Carry out policies and procedures concerning safety,
administrative requirements, standards, practices and work
- Support compliance objectives in respect to local, state and
federal laws, and governing regulations and compliance requirements
that pertain to the operating of facilities.Skills:safety, repair,
Maintenance management, Hvac, Electrical, Plumbing, Facility
maintenance, Facility, Preventive maintenance, Facilities, Cmms,
Mechanical, Carpentry, Supervision, Maintenance supervision,
Maintenance technician, Industrial, construction management,
commercial constructionTop Skills Details:Facility Maintenance,
CMMS, SupervisionAdditional Skills & Qualifications:Education and
Work Experience1.Prior Management experience in operations
preferably in commercial construction.2.Bachelor's Degree. Facility
Management certification or equivalent work experience
preferred.3.5+ years facilities experience in a hospitality
environment preferred.4.Background working with outside vendors and
contractors.5.Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.6.Some
weekend and evening work required. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Virginia Beach , Facility Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!