Sales Consultant - Virginia Beach VA
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Sales Consultant - Virginia Beach VA
US - SSS - CSS
No. of Positions
Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global industrial
company - a company of enduring substance since 1843 that is
striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable companies
in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet thoughtful and
disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and innovators to
create a more sustainable world. If you're seeking to bring your
unique value and contribute to an inclusive, collaborative and
purpose-driven culture that integrates performance excellence and
innovation - join us.
The Sales Consultant will sell electronic security systems and
services to Mid-Market customers within an assigned local
territory. Responsible for existing customer retention to include;
renewals, upgrades, add-ons and increased wallet share. Other
responsibilities are overall territory management of Recurring
Monthly Revenue, and Installation growth, as well as new customer
- Identify and qualify customer needs, developing sales
strategies, negotiating contracts and closing profitable projects
with end users. Act as portfolio entrepreneur by developing
personal business plan, sales activities and action plans to attain
and exceed quotas and sales goals.
- Utilize sales methodologies, tools and innovation to identify,
develop and maintain an activity-based lead generation plan within
the assigned territory by cold calling, referrals and partnering
with National Accounts sales team.
- Develop a personal business plan to exceed your quota.
- Sell to prospective new customers and maintain relationships
with current customers to continually assess their needs to create
additional sales opportunities and manage a plan for client
- Develop and maintain an active recommendation backlog that will
support exceeding quota on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
basis for recurring monthly revenue (RMR) and installation.
- Conduct job site visits/surveys, specify the type of system
recommended, provide an investment recommendation and layout to be
used for a basis for the contract.
- Provide detailed scope of work with all needed information for
- Prepare, deliver and execute sales presentations, investment
justifications, recommendations and offers to prospective customers
to convey products and services that meet their requirements that
result in new sales or retention of customers.
- Develop, maintain and utilize a strong working knowledge of all
offerings within our products/services solution line to increase
and develop sales portfolio.
- Collaborate with installation and service departments to
execute the successful delivery of new products and services.
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date information or
reports on sales activities, plans and forecasts in Salesforce,
other company provided tools and reporting systems.
- Work in concert with sales leadership and other sales
associates to attain sales plans, identify future growth and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years sales experience
- Valid State-issued Driver's License
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field of study
- B2B sales and territory development experience with high
volume/transactional sales cycles
- Security and/or information technology industry experience
- Experience reading and understanding architectural, mechanical
and electrical documents
- Experience using one or more of the following: Salesforce,
Cognos, Adobe Sign
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Featured Category on SBD Careers
Customer Experience (Marketing, Sales, Service)
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Virginia Beach , Sales Consultant - Virginia Beach VA, Professions , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!