Customer Service Advisor - Part Time
Company: Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Responsibilities include working as part of a retail sales team to
provide best in class customer care. The Customer Service Advisor
(CSA) often begins as a Pick-n-Pull Greeter and can work their way
up through Part Sales, Parts Specialist and eventually a store
Sales Lead through positive work ethics and evaluations. This is a
retail sales position that requires a ?can do? selling spirit and
the ability to work as a team to meet the store?s sales goals. The
CSA will be present during all peak customer traffic periods which
could include weekends, sale days, or any other occasion that would
generate high customer flow into the store per the specified store
schedule. The CSA will promote sales and service to customers. The
CSA is expected to maintain the excellent standards of all
Pick-n-Pull policies and procedures, while always being pleasant,
respectful, and helpful. Essential Functions:
- Promote the Pick-n-Pull Safety Culture.
- Be a team player. Work as a member of the team to help the team
achieve its goals.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Provide required information to customers as they enter the
store. Offer friendly and enthusiastic answers to customer
- Follow loss prevention, risk control, quality assurance, and
proper cash handling procedures at all times.
- Work as a team towards housekeeping, janitorial, and other
duties as assigned by the task list. This can include cleaning
tires, carrying batteries, mopping floors, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Identify when customer interaction requires assistance from
- Complete sales training and follow the Pick-n-Pull 5 Step Sales
Model. Engage in continuous training and education in all areas of
the Pick-n-Pull business.
- Additional duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Must work safely at all times.
- Must have good people skills with an outgoing friendly positive
- Able to work retail hours including overtime, weekends and
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Be proficient in automotive part/product identification and
recognize parts and how they relate to our customer receipts.
- Follow company dress code policy, maintaining a well groomed,
neat appearance so as to create a favorable impression with
- Previous experience in a retail environment preferred but not
required. Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential
Functions: Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are
required regularly to perform customer care, product relocation and
placement, and environmental health and safety functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the housekeeping of the facility
by mopping, sweeping, etc. In conjunction, but not limited to,
assigned task list duties.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to occasional noisy conditions and machinery
operation. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required. All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and
all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older. Schnitzer
Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new
hires. An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries,
Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check. All
new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This
applies to all U.S. non-union employees. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability
status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior
industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc, Virginia Beach , Customer Service Advisor - Part Time, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!