Civil Associate, Water
Company: Michael Baker International
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 12, 2018
WHO WE ARE Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. ENGINEERING PRACTICE Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 Water Supply firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of municipal utility planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. Our focus includes protection and management of water resources and the transmission of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection and conveyance systems, to water/wastewater treatment plants. DESCRIPTION We are actively seeking an entry-level Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our Virginia Beach office. As a part of our Civil Engineering team, the Water/Wastewater Engineer will assist Project Engineers & Project Managers working on a variety of water, wastewater, stormwater and municipal infrastructure projects that include planning, design, engineering and construction support, with a focus on pipelines, pump stations, etc. Tasks will include site review, field documentation; data collection, organization, review, and analysis; civil engineering planning and design. You will prepare calculations and hydraulic modeling, assist with preparing technical memos and reports, quantity takeoffs and cost estimates, technical exhibits and design drawings. This role will expose the engineer to a wide range of interesting applications under the supervision of experts and industry leaders in Water Supply Engineering. PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred (or registered to sit soon for Exam), with 0-4 years of increasingly-responsible, professional experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water, wastewater and stormwater facilities and conveyance infrastructure (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations)
- Self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water Group
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation
- Computer skills and proficiency with Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Micro Station and Geographical Information Systems is desired.
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Virginia Beach , Civil Associate, Water, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!