Recreation Attendant (Park Monitor)
Company: The Adventure Park
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: February 9, 2024
NOW HIRING Park Monitors are the eyes and ears of The Adventure
Park at Virginia Aquarium. Your primary responsibility is to ensure
the safety and well-being of Park guests, as well as providing
support, assistance and guidance where needed, to create an
enjoyable and memorable experience for all guests. Park Monitor
responsibilities include coaching and supervising guests; executing
operational tasks for the park; performing daily inspections of
aerial trails, equipment, and the grounds; and facilitating
problem-solving as unique and challenging situations arise. This
position is supervised by the Park Operations Assistant Manager and
Park Manager. About Us The Adventure Park, owned and operated by
Outdoor Ventures Group, promotes active enjoyment of the outdoors
through adventure recreation. Our adventure parks bring together
people of all ages to challenge themselves, develop their
confidence and build connections with each other, the outdoors and
our team. Learn more by visiting our website at . Become a leader
on our team where we promote a continuous learning environment and
career development opportunities. Benefits include competitive pay,
paid training, complimentary climbing and other Park activities, a
flexible schedule and more. Responsibilities
- Complete opening and closing park procedures, including, but
not limited to: Check-in and retail facilities; completion and
recording of daily inspections of courses, gear and grounds; and
- Monitor climbers; coaching and providing feedback as necessary.
This includes training and leading guests to complete check-in,
briefing, harnessing, aerial trails, and special events.
- Actively engage with guests to provide high quality, memorable
outdoor experiences. Provide excellent customer service in response
to identified and expressed guest needs.
- Acts as the first level of response for customer complaints,
course assists, and emergency situations, informing and involving
the supervisor and management teams as needed. Complete necessary
supporting paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist with park maintenance, grounds keeping, retail sales,
and marketing as needed.
- Follow and enforce Outdoor Venture Group's policies and
procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary
situations, facility and equipment use, and emergencies. Ideal
candidate models desired guest behaviors.
- Communicate personal, staff, guest, course, and supply needs to
the management team in a timely manner, in addition to regular
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- The Adventure Park operates in a natural outdoor environment.
You must be comfortable working at height in all seasonal weather
conditions as required.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old, able to lift 50
- Climbing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience providing high quality customer service is
- Experience working with large groups in a professional setting
- Additional experience in adventure tourism is preferred.
- This is an hourly position. Available positions can be seasonal
and part time, depending on operational needs and candidate
- Candidates should have a flexible schedule with both weekday
and weekend availability.
- There is a mandatory orientation session and training period
required for all candidates. This time is paid at your hourly rate.
The session for the spring will be held at the end of February. Pay
Range While the exact pay offered reflects a candidate's
qualifications and experience, Park Monitors are paid at a rate
between $14 and $15 per hour . Outdoor Ventures Group offers
equality of opportunity and treatment for its present and
prospective employees in all phases of the employment process
without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin,
disabilities, genetic predisposition or carrier stats, status as a
veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, marital status,
ancestry or any other basis that is protected by Federal, State or
local law. Employment decisions will be based on merit,
qualifications and abilities. Powered by JazzHRCompensation
details: 14-15 Hourly Wage
Keywords: The Adventure Park, Virginia Beach , Recreation Attendant (Park Monitor), Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!