Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 17, 2023
SUMMARY This position is responsible to assist the Tunnel Boring
Machine (TBM) manager to managing the assembly, commissioning,
maintenance and disassembly of the TBM at the jobsite. -
- Assist the TBM Manager with the development and implementation
of the TBM Assembly and Disassembly plans in coordination with the
- Assist the TBM Manager with the requisition of materials,
equipment and labor required to execute the assembly and the
disassembly of the TBM.
- Assist the TBM manager on the development and implementation of
the equipment maintenance program for the TBM for the duration of
- Requisition of consumables and lubricants required to perform
the preventive maintenance activities according to the maintenance
- Overall supervisory responsibility for planning, coordinating
and reviewing all operation of maintenance for the TBM.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
for a project related to the TBM operation.
- Find potential issues ahead of time and be able to solve
- Assist the TBM manager on the Implementation of procedures,
method statements, shop drawings and overseeing remedial measures
when incidents/breakdowns occur.
- Performs technical administration of contracts related to the
- Assist the TBM manager with final equipment budgets and
potential equipment purchases in order to meet budgetary
- Control and maintain Spare part inventory for the duration of
- Protect facilities, and other elements of the tunnel works
including operations in the TBM launching and receiving shafts and
surface, to ensure safety, quality, conformance with the contract
documents, timely completion of the works, and the keeping of
accurate records of all work as required.
- Enforce site safety at all times
- Coordinate with other TBM production Engineer and TBM Tunnel
Superintendents. QUALIFICATIONS Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years' experience in TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine)
construction - Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in civil or mechanical engineering
- Project experience with a Slurry TBM
Keywords: Dragados, Virginia Beach , Field Engineer, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...