Company: Ynot Italian, Great Neck
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Pizza Cook is experienced and efficient at the art of making
pizzas. He/she is primarily responsible for preparing and baking
pizzas and related dishes, such as Stromboli and calzone.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Creates and bakes pizzas and related dishes (Stromboli, calzone,
etc.), ensuring quality and efficiency and customer
- Maintains the pizza station and remainder of the kitchen to meet
or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food
handling and sanitation.
- Keeps pizza counter stocked and garnished, restocking
- Keeps the pizza prep table clear and clean.
- Supervises baking process to prevent overcooking and burning.
- Monitors food stocks and inventory and assists Kitchen Supervisor
with the preparation of supply orders.
- Processes delivered food stocks and supplies, verifying receipt
of ordered items.
- May personally greet customers and assist the counter with
- Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of his/her
station and the restaurant by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves,
removing trash, etc.
- Presents a clean-cut, neat and professional image.
- May supervise and oversee delivery drivers in the absence of a
- May supervise and oversee wait staff in the absence of a Dining
- In the absence of the Kitchen Supervisor or Restaurant Manager or
owner, may be accountable for the entire operation of the
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by upper or roles as
assigned by upper management or the owner.
- Reports to the Restaurant Manager.
- No supervisory responsibilities but does direct the work of the
prep cook as to ensure sufficient stock of food items necessary to
perform his/her job on a daily basis.
- Interacts occasionally with customers
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers and Health Department
Qualifications and Credentials:
- High school diploma preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant pizza baking experience is
- Serosae certification preferred
Abilities and competencies:
To perform the essential functions of this position, the incumbent
regularly employs the following competencies, physical and/or
sensory abilities, and skills:
- Communication and Problem Solving
- Able to effectively communicate verbally
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Physical and Sensory Abilities
- Able to see clearly (with or without glasses) to read, interpret
and understand recipes, menus, food orders, packing slips, etc.
- Able to hear and speak effectively
- Able to taste and smell and accurately identify color (not
- Able to sense degrees of temperature
- Frequently stands for long durations
- Able to walk while carrying and balancing food and beverages
- Able to bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Computer Skills
- No specific computer skills required
The Pizza Cook works in a busy, commercial kitchen. Subject to
extremes in temperature and humidity. Exposed to sharp blades,
commercial mixers, ovens, heating elements and scalding water.
Lighting is moderate. Noise levels are moderate to loud.
Pizza Cooks work full-time or part-time depending on the company's
needs and the employee's schedule. Work schedules may vary and may
involve day, evening or nighttime hours during the week and on
weekends. May be asked to assist in opening or closing the
restaurant, which involves extended hours.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Vision insurance
* Fast casual restaurant
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Ynot Italian, Great Neck, Virginia Beach , Pizza Maker, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!