Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Security Guard is responsible for walking the property and
maintaining safe conditions for our guests and visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct continuous rounds of property to act as deterrent for
conduct detrimental to the safety of employees, guests with a focus
on the protection of the guests and the hotel's assets.
- Become familiar with Emergency Procedures and be able to
respond and react if the situation arises.
- Be versed and trained in CPR, first aid, fire extinguisher use,
and protection orientation and intervention procedures for extreme
consumption of alcohol.
- Ensure security log is filled out for each day.
- Complete daily incident log for accidents or
- Report any hazardous situation to the Manager on Duty.
- Complete an incident report for any employee or guest injury as
well as statements from any witness as needed.
- Adhere to policy on access control for employees and
- Check exterior and interior lighting. Report defects to the
- Supervise outside security for special events.
- Escort cashiers to drop safe at the end of the shift.
- Conduct Safety Inspections as requested by the General Manager
or Assistant General Manager.
- Complete shuttle runs in the absence of a bell person.
- Assists guests as needed with problems or special
- Assists in closing the lounge and clearing banquet functions at
1am, ensuring there is no consumption of alcohol after
- Upsell additional facilities and services when
- Ensure all guests are always treated with kindness and
- Address and resolve guest concerns and ensure guest
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge
guests quickly and with a smile.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company
information, correspondence reports and files.
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General
- Under all circumstances, reaches towards calmness, tact and
creativity to ensure the continued confidence of the public and
- Assist in maintaining a workplace that is comfortable, clean,
- Lead by example, follows direction and ensures all aspects of
the operation are met and delivered.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be energetic, friendly, and motivated to care for
- Willing to take initiative and work with little
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player willing to support other team members and
departments for the good of the hotel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Perform physical requirements including, but not limited
- Standing/walking 95% or more of a normal 8-hour work
- Physically capture/detail individuals should it be deemed
necessary for the safety of guests or employees.
- Stay awake, alert and active during overnight hours.
- Regularly lift, push, pull and carry approximately 50
- Kneel bend and squat
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of
work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive
list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required
of job incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: NHS, Virginia Beach , Security, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!