Senior Product Researcher (REMOTE)
Company: Geico Insurance
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Are you passionate about creating beautiful user experiences?
Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative
environment where your work will be seen by millions of people?
GEICO's Digital Experience team is on a mission to reimagine
insurance, making it simple and accessible for everyone. We're
looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Researcher to help
us do that by crafting superior experiences that put customers
first. In this role, you'll join a multi-disciplinary team of
designers, researchers, and copywriters responsible for supporting
the work that all of GEICO IT's product and engineering teams do.
Your work will champion consistent interfaces and experiences for
products across desktop and mobile platforms. Innovation, attention
to detail, and your ability to use storytelling techniques to pitch
design artifacts are crucial in this role.
* Produce effortless experiences. As an expert in crafting
high-quality user experiences for mobile app and responsive web
platforms, you'll work on making it easy for our customers to get a
quote, manage their policies, and get help during a claim. You've
mastered design tools and know how to use them to help you execute
* Conduct research for data-based decision making. You'll research
problems using traditional and out-of-the-box techniques to inform
stakeholders of the effectiveness of the product and recommend
changes based on what you learn.
* Work with engineering and product teams to bring our vision to
life. You'll pay attention to every detail and work hard to make
sure things go smoothly when you hand off your work to an
* Collaborate across the squad. You'll work across teams of product
managers, engineers, stakeholders, and other designers on strategy,
ideation, design, and testing of new products. You'll be a
team-player, putting our customers and the interest of the team
above your own.
* Run with multiple projects. You'll be working on a fast-paced
team where it's critical that you are able to keep track of
multiple projects at once, manage your own time, and communicate
effectively with your peers and management team.
* Solve problems creatively. You'll need to be able to work from
given business requirements and produce creative concepts to drive
business results. By working with our researchers, you'll work hard
to know as much as possible about the users, people, and scenarios
you're designing for.
* Tell imaginative stories. You'll be crafting convincing and
compelling presentations to share, pitch, and sell your work with a
wide range of audiences.
* Think about the big picture. You'll be influencing and helping to
shape an established design system. You'll need to consider
scalability, adaptability, and long-term impact in all of your
* BA/BS or higher in human-computer interaction, cognitive
psychology, or a related discipline
* 3+ years of experience leading UX design efforts for digital
* Strong portfolio of project work that demonstrates expert-level
understanding and practical application of HCI principles, logical
and creative thinking, and attention to detail in the context of
* Proficient at conducting qualitative and quantitative user
research using a variety of methodologies and tools
* A strong understanding of user interface patterns and best
practices across both mobile app and responsive web design
* A team player. You should be proactive about partnering with
others and get excited about pitching in to handle anything - large
* Expert knowledge in iOS and Android/Material human interface
* Experience working within established design systems and brand
* Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
to elegantly communicate designs, ideas, and stories
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* Expert-level familiarity with Axure or similar prototyping
* Experience with remote user research techniques
* Experience producing user flows/journeys that consider complex
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to
leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and
take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to
provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To
help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource
Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's
competitive benefits offerings and various training and development
opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program*
* Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
* 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
* Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement
payment plan options
* Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
* Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility
requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in
New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage
to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment
opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants
regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin,
ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic
information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local
law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our
success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain
the most talented individuals to join our team.
GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is
able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do
not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or
harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates
in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and
harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and
Keywords: Geico Insurance, Virginia Beach , Senior Product Researcher (REMOTE), Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!