Quality Control Inspector
Company: SJS Industrial
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2022
SJS Industrial, LLC (SJS), also doing business as SJS
Executives, is seeking an ambitious, meticulous, and
detail-oriented Quality Control Inspector who will work in our
Virginia Beach Warehouse supporting our coatings facility. Our
ideal candidate will have experience with administration,
implementation, and maintenance of company's corporate Quality
Management System; quality assurance standardization within the
company's blasting/wet paint/powder coating operations; management
and administration of company's non-destructive testing program;
planning and coordinating work activities and resources necessary
for program responsibilities. SJS is a Service-Disabled Veteran
Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that specializes in powder, ceramic,
and clear coating serving businesses and military/government
agencies in the Hampton Roads area. Responsibilities will
- Coordinate with QC supervisor on the schedule for completed
components/parts requiring inspection.
- Review job packages and drawings for specifications and
requirements for inspection including material type
- Review customer purchase orders to verify all requirements are
- Perform in process and final inspections as required by
- Utilize gage and measurement equipment to confirm the
compliance of components/parts are in accordance with purchase
order and specifications.
- Maintain calibration standards and calibration cycle of
- Ensure documentation required by each job/project is properly
reviewed and in compliance with changes/revisions.
- Inspect subcontracted components/parts upon receipt for
conformance to drawing specifications and purchase
- Navy Basic Paint Inspector / SSPC QAS. Responsible for
inspection and documentation for DOD and commercial paint
- Instrumental in tracking non-conforming product and maintaining
defect free delivery of product to customers.
- Instrumental in tracking and answering Corrective/Preventive
- Maintain communications with QC Supervisor to ensure that all
projects remained on schedule to sub-contract provider or to the
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 2-3 years related experience in QC settings, coatings
- Working knowledge of coatings related QA standards, coatings
product datasheets, and the proper function and use of calibrated
- NACE CIP Level 1 Inspector Certification or equivalent.
- NDT Level I Examiner certification in VT, MT, PT, UT thickness,
UT shear wave.
- Must have Microsoft software experience.
- Must pass drug test and background check. SJS Industrial, LLC
(SJS), also doing business as SJS Executives, is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy status and/or
gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, parental status, military
service, or other non-merit factors. 7am-330pm Mon-Fri. Occasional
Keywords: SJS Industrial, Virginia Beach , Quality Control Inspector, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!