Principal QA Automation Engineer
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Principal QA Automation Engineer: BUILD SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
As a Principal QA Automation Engineer at CrowdStreet, you will be
an essential part of our QA team and you will provide technical
leadership to contribute towards our automation framework. You will
write automated tests using the current automation framework and
provide guidance to the team on best practices and improvement
opportunities. You'll add front-end and back-end automation tests
and write automation tests for cross-browser and mobile testing.
Other software engineers and architects on the engineering team are
also involved in QA activities, such as creating unit tests and
contributing towards functional test automation.
The focus on quality and continuous improvement is a core value of
the entire engineering team, not just QA engineers, but it is the
Senior QA Engineer who ensures that the team upholds its quality
promise, by measuring quality performance and making sure QA tools,
processes, and expertise are available to those who need it.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and
- Contribute to test automation by writing automated test scripts
and/or test libraries including functional, regression,
performance, load, and smoke tests for both web applications and
- Perform extensive functional, integration, regression, and
end-to-end system testing independently or with the team to provide
product releases on time and with high quality.
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases from
requirements, design documents, and specifications for testing
across different platforms and with an emphasis on
- Collaborate with other engineers to build automated tests to
ensure continuous deployment.
- Go beyond test execution and participate in improving test
processes, propose new ideas on how to improve the product
- Create and execute load tests using JMeter to validate system
performance and stability.
- Role model best practices and values through coaching,
mentoring, guidance, and skills-building across the engineering
- Work with DevOps engineers to fine-tune our continuous
integration, quality gates, and QA environment. Analyze, reproduce,
and report component defects and special situation
Education and Experience Requirements
- 6+ years of experience as a Quality Automation Engineer in a
Software SaaS Company
- 6+ years of experience in building robust, scalable, and
reliable test automation solutions for functional, regression
testing using tools like Cypress, Selenium.
- 4+ years of experience using SQL
- 4+ years of experience testing APIs
- 2+ years of experience writing mobile automation tests. E.g.
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence,
- Experience with load(performance) testing using JMeter
- Experience with AWS (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines
- Experience with Security testing(Static and Dynamic)
- Experience with Test Case Management tools - e.g. Test Rail,
The How - Values:
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA
TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a
break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to
volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a
hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental
U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX), or some
combination of the two.
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep
you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use
for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to
the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and
development. Is there a course you've always wanted to take? A
certification you've wanted to achieve? A conference you've wanted
to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for
institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our
customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community
to learn about and invest directly in private real estate
offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate
investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to
diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real
estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the
- #5 for "Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW
Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support 'Work Where You Work Best' and are
enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also
offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in
achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender,
nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style
and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us
collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed
to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and
engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.
Keywords: Crowdstreet, Virginia Beach , Principal QA Automation Engineer, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!