Liability Team Lead - Property Damage ($5k SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE)
Company: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option. Liability Team Lead - Property Damage ($5k
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE) IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others. Sign-On Bonus: Due to our growth, Sedgwick is
offering a $5k sign-on bonus for a limited time. This position is
ELIGIBLE for the incentive along with benefits effective day 1! New
Sedgwick hires only. PRIMARY PURPOSE: To supervise the operation of
multiple teams of examiners and technical staff for clients; to
monitor colleagues' workloads, provide training, and monitor
individual claim activities; to provide technical/jurisdictional
direction to examiner reports on claims adjudication; and to
maintain a diary on claims in the teams including frequent diaries
on complex or high exposure claims. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and
- Supervises multiple teams of examiners, multiple product line
examiners and/or several (minimum seven) technical operations
colleagues for a wide span of control; may delegate some duties to
others within the unit.
- Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and
issues as well as recommended course of action; informs management
of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and
coordinates with management projects for the office.
- Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to examiner reports
on claims adjudication.
- Compiles reviews and analyzes management reports and takes
- Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit
requirements, service contract requirements, and quality
- Acts as second level of appeal for client and claimant issues
regarding claim specific, procedural or special requests;
implements final disposition of the appeal.
- Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the
authority of the individual examiner.
- Monitors third party claims; maintains periodical review of
litigated claims, serious vocational rehabilitation claims,
questionable claims and sensitive claims as determined by
- Maintains contact with the client on claims and promotes a
professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client
as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes of
specific claims as requested by client.
- Assures that direct reports are properly licensed in the
- Ensures claims files are coded correctly and adequate
documentation is made by claims examiners. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s). SUPERVISORY
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows
company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance
development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to
promote maximum performance. QUALIFICATIONS Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as
applicable to line of business preferred. Experience Six (6) years
of claims experience or equivalent combination of education and
experience required to include two (2) years claims supervisor
experience. Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and
procedures for multiple product lines
- Excellent oral and written communication, including
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies WORK
ENVIRONMENT When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be
given to reasonable accommodations. Mental: Clear and conceptual
thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem
solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related
stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and
ability to meet deadlines Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as
required Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking NOTE: Credit
security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is
required for this position. The statements contained in this
document are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description.
They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of
functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the
discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any
time. Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free
Keywords: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc., Virginia Beach , Liability Team Lead - Property Damage ($5k SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE), Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!