Canadian Surface Combatant (FMS) Training Support Lead
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Canadian Surface Combatant (FMS) Training Support Lead
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
CACI is seeking a Canadian Surface Combatant (FMS) Training Support
Lead. The candidate will serve the team, NAVSEA Program Executive
Office for Ships (PMS 325) and Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) Project
Management Office (PMO), as the lead to provide expert naval
training and training systems advisory and support services to
implement the Future Naval Training System CONOPS and Digital Navy
Action Plan. You will s erve as principal U.S. consultant to bring
advanced crew training and exercise capabilities to 15 new
state-of-the-art Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) ships, considered
critical for future coalition interoperability into the 2030s and
beyond. You will lead a very talented team in supporting growing
development, acquisition, and integration of a full spectrum of
naval ship and shore-based training systems, for basic shipboard
training through integrated group-level exercises with NATO and
other allied partners. This position is listed in Virginia Beach,
however the KSA's of the candidate for hire may allow for
flexibility in locale.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Join a highly collaborative and successful, multi-disciplinary
team providing expert-level engineering and acquisition advisory
services to the Canadian government through a U.S. Foreign Military
Sales (FMS) case.
- You'll serve the team, NAVSEA Program Executive Office for
Ships (PMS 325) and Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) Project Management
Office (PMO), as the lead to provide expert naval training and
training systems advisory and support services to implement the
Future Naval Training System CONOPS and Digital Navy Action
- Serve as principal U.S. consultant to bring advanced crew
training and exercise capabilities to 15 new state-of-the-art
Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) ships, considered critical for
future coalition interoperability into the 2030s and beyond.
- Lead a team for supporting growing development, acquisition,
and integration of a full spectrum of naval ship and shore-based
training systems, for basic shipboard training through integrated
group-level exercises with NATO and other allied partners.
More About the Role:
- You'll leverage your deep U.S. Navy combatant surface warfare,
MPT, and training systems development experience and knowledge
- Provide expertise, guidance and mentoring based on U.S. Navy
practices to (1) establish the project's Navy System Training Plan
(NTSP) or equivalent, and (2) develop associated courseware and
- Provide advice from U.S. Navy training systems planning,
programming, budgeting, and execution processes, including lessons
learned, and evolving trends for incorporation of new training
system technologies and capabilities to support and sustain warship
crew certifications at tiered levels of proficiency.
- Apply your knowledge of the NCTE and other distributed training
environments to provide guidance to effect multi-unit exercises in
a synthetic environment with coalition partners for the high-end
- Provide information and guidance on resourcing training systems
and courseware support for CSC systems acquired through U.S.
Foreign Military Sales.
- Provide process guidance on development, implementation, and
management of CSC-related Navy Training System Plans (NTSP),
courseware and trainers.
- Provide professional support, as directed by the Project
Office, to augment RCN planning and development of the project's
NTSPs and associated courseware and trainers.
- Apply your knowledge of evolving virtual environment and
simulation standards, 3D modeling, gaming engine software, and
haptic technology practices to advise Canada for
effective/efficient training systems development and
- Provide advice, guidance, and support managing the development
and maintenance of future Crew Scheduling and Phasing Plan (CSPP),
Manpower Estimate Report (MER), Navy Training System Plan (NTSP),
Ship Manning Document (SMD) / Preliminary Ship Manning Document
(PSMD), Training System Installation Plan (TSIP).
- Advise the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) to support decision-making
for establishment of new officer / enlisted ratings.
- Advise the RCN on content of available U.S. Navy curricula
which may be selected for future Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases
for operational/maintenance training in the U.S. or Canada.
- Support definition and analysis of training pipelines,
recommending program improvements as well as analyzing crewing
strategy changes based on U.S. Navy best practices, and those that
result from shifts in Fleet policy in order to recommend changes to
the training infrastructure, crew buy plans, and crew delivery
- Develop program office presentations intended to provide
situational awareness of program requirements and changes.
- Manage development, coordination, and dissemination of company
and customer status reports for senior leadership awareness and
- Review contract deliverables for changes that may affect future
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- A ctive DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Ten or more years previous Surface Force MPT and DoD training
systems development/acquisition experience.
- Knowledge of (1) game-based training and mixed-reality systems,
(2) applicable modeling and simulation practices and (3) integrated
- Demonstrated program or project-level management
- Experience briefing flag-level stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and
effectively schedule required deliverables, meetings, and follow-up
- Expert Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Requires strong written communication, interpersonal,
problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational
- Bachelor's degree required.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- U.S. Navy surface combatant ship operations experience
- Experience planning, and managing development of VR/AR software
and haptics-based training systems
- Experience and familiarity with current U.S. Navy Training
initiatives, such as Sailor 2025 and Ready, Relevant Learning
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an
immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in
support of national security missions and government transformation
for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is
an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees
are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8,
2021 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement
(e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as
required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated
against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination
before starting employment with CACI.
Keywords: CACI, Virginia Beach , Canadian Surface Combatant (FMS) Training Support Lead, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!