Manager, Nursing LPN/LVN
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of Brookdale's nursing
staff within assigned community(s).
- Participates in developing, maintaining and updating written
policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the
assigned Nursing Unit. Ensures Nursing Department's Procedure
Manuals contain all revisions and updates. Ensures that the staff
assigned has been trained on any revisions or updates.
- Assists Director of Nursing (DON) in developing methods for
coordinating nursing with other resident services to ensure the
continuity of resident care.
- Ensures nursing personnel are in compliance with duties
outlined in his/her job description and state/federal regulations.
Assists the DON in developing current and comprehensive
departmental job descriptions. Ensures that reference materials are
- Makes daily rounds to ensure all personnel are performing work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report
findings to the DON.
- Reviews nursing notes for completeness; makes sure they are
descriptive of the nursing care being provided and reflect the
resident's response to the care.
- Monitors medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure
medications are being administered as ordered and treatments are
provided as scheduled. Authorizes the use of restraints when
necessary and in accordance with the company's established policies
- Performs administrative duties directed by DON, including
completion of medical forms, reports, charting, etc.
- Participates in surveys and inspections made by authorized
- Participates in the development, implementation, and updating
of the departmental Quality Assurance Program. Participates in the
development, implementation and updating of a comprehensive
Residents' Discharge Plan. Serves as Discharge Planning
- In the absence of the DON, serves and participates in, and
attends various committees as assigned. Assists the DON in
evaluating and implementing recommendations from established
- Assists the DON in determining departmental staffing needs with
recruiting, training, etc.; ensures appropriate staffing levels are
maintained. Assists in developing and implementing departmental
- Participates in the development, planning, conducting and
scheduling of in-service training classes that provide instruction
on nursing protocols, and state/federal regulations; ensures a
- Assists in the development and implementation of a nursing
orientation program for new staff to the department.
- Participates in interviewing and selecting residents for
admission. Informs staff of new admissions, their expected arrival,
room assignment and other related information. Greets new residents
- Provides DON with information relative to nursing needs of the
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Virginia Beach , Manager, Nursing LPN/LVN, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!