Pipefitter - Up to $10k sign on bonus.
Company: CoolSys Inc
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: September 8, 2021
CoolSys is the parent company of
market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of
best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail,
commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC
industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at
the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite
you to be part of that growth!
BRR Refrigeration is now part of the CoolSys Family of Companies.
BRR continues to be driven by the same intense focus on customer
service, quality, and value that made us a market-leader in the
This position is responsible for installation of refrigeration
systems following customer specifications, applicable building code
and proper piping practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides support on construction job by
piping cooler boxes and refrigeration cases, including electrical
wiring as required to complete the project.
• Provides the required installation of pipe
hangers as directed by the foreman.
• Provides construction support by welding
and slip hosing copper pipes, and assists the foreman as needed on
• Provides support by handing cooler box
coils and installing new supermarket refrigeration systems or
remodeling existing supermarket refrigeration systems.
• Perform other duties and projects as
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of electrical systems and
ability to wire installations.
• Knowledge of carpentry.
• Knowledge of refrigeration systems and
piping of refrigeration equipment.
• Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings,
and ability to pipe refrigeration equipment.
• Knowledge of and ability to read
blueprints on refrigeration, electrical and plumbing.
• Ability to hang evaporation coils and
install overhead hangers.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and
good mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to
oversee work activities to ensure safe work practices and safety
• Ability to work with minimal
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES
• High school diploma or GED equivalent work
experience and trade or technical school classes
• 5+ years of experience in the construction
industry preferred and hands on field experience in commercial
refrigeration, electrical and/or fixtures construction
• EPA Certification (Type II)
• Experience in copper brazing, market
• Good driving record.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as
post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for
all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state
law, or local ordinance.
CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Keywords: CoolSys Inc, Virginia Beach , Pipefitter - Up to $10k sign on bonus., Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!