LVC Engineering Technician IV - Immediate Interviews!
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
LVC Engineering Technician IV
- Maintains all TCTS AS, EW, LATR PIP, Iridium and IMPASS
systems/sub-systems and associated equipment. Works under
supervision of Lead Maintenance Technician. Applies advanced
technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot
be solved by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar
documents. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on
all EW, TCTS AS, LATR PIP, Iridium and IMPASS subsystems and
associated interface equipment. Maintains, repairs, inspects,
troubleshoots, and programs systems equipment or components using
complex RF test equipment such as pulse generators, spectrum
analyzers, signal generators and computer analytical equipment and
specialized test equipment (T4B Test Set, LATR Test set, LATR
portable test units, and TCTS AS test sets) to perform complex
troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, and repair equipment to the
component level when possible.
- Provides technical guidance and on-the-job training to other
technicians. Work may be reviewed for compliance with accepted
practices by supervisor.
- Extensive equipment handling and administrative
processing to prepare/deliver equipment to meet exercise
requirements. Documents maintenance actions in IEMS, various
logbooks, and databases.
- May serve as IMPASS System Maintainer aboard various ships and
deploy with equipment during FIREX events.
- May be required to serve as a project flight technician in
support of airborne DT&E and Fleet training CAS support
requirements. Must meets all CAS contractor, FAA, and NAWCAD
imposed flight qualifications required to fly in this support role
on CAS aircraft.
- Performance of Flightline/Equipment support requirements
during exercises at remote locations. Some extended travel required
for exercise support
Other duties include:
- Maintains asset control on all equipment, and completes DD1149s
for equipment issue.
- Provides technical support to visiting engineers.
- Installation of instrumentation equipment on various
- Fabricates unique power and RF interfaces to allow installation
and operation of equipment for non-standard exercise participant
- Equipment delivery, travel to delivery points
- Forklift operation
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a technical
school, trade school, or armed services technical school curriculum
equivalent to Navy "C" School or course of training in electricity,
electronics, avionics, mechanics, or engineering technology or
completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of
course studies at an accredited college or university in an
engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
- At least 8 year's related experience, 3 years direct experience
in the following areas:
Digital/analog signal processing
Radar and Radar theory
DC power supplies
RF Test equipment
RF signal processing (VHF, UHF, and microwave)
Low voltage AC equipment
Primary and secondary power equipment
GPS Receiver testing
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's License.
For EW, must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state
Class "A" Commercial Driver's License
- Physically able to assist in lifting/carrying/loading
EW/TCTS/IMPASS equipment if required.
- Must be willing to work on flight lines in and around
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be able to obtain a US issued Security
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated, Virginia Beach , LVC Engineering Technician IV - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!