Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic
and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, experienced
Insurance Specialist to join our Richmond team! Along with a
collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding
employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent
medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a
generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
The Insurance Specialist ensures timely and accurate payment of
primary, secondary and tertiary insurance claims assigned and
assist patients and others with all billing inquires.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Timely follow-up of aged outstanding claims for assigned payer
- Ensure payer contract compliance by analysis of
denials/underpayments. Generate appeals, reconsideration requests
or fair hearings based on payer specific guidelines, CCI edits and
- Notate billing progress using the required note format in
- Respond to daily correspondence and non-payment EOB's within 3
business days of receipt
- Accept incoming calls and assist patients with billing
inquiries as scheduled.
- Assist patients on site and co-workers within the entire
organization with billing inquiries.
- Inform Manager of payer issues; noted trends or need for
physician coding education.
- Facilitate open communication with payer provider
representatives for support, guidance and issue resolution as
directed by Manager.
- Daily analysis and resolution of outstanding insurance accounts
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems;
specifically, Allscripts, Centricity, NextGen, Advantix
- Experience with outbound business-to-business phone calls
- Detailed orientated required for concise, accurate, and
standardized note taking (for claim notes, phone call notes,
inter-office emails, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; Ability to
multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to effectively delegate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee
- Knowledge of basic office equipment, Microsoft Office, and
practice management systems
- Bachelor's degree in business, health management or other
related field preferred, or at least five years of experience in
medical practice billing and collections with evidence of
- Experience with practice management software and Microsoft
Office skills preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with medical billing
- 2+ years current medical field experience
Keywords: OrthoVirginia, Virginia Beach , Insurance Specialist, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!