Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such
as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling
- Preinspection of equipment and surrounding area
- Be aware of underground and overhead services, such as pipes
and wires, prior to beginning work.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using
trucks, crawler tractors, shovels, graders, or related
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning
or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew
- Learn and follow safety regulations.
- Service machine on daily bases as required by manufacture.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must have minimum of 3 years experiencerunning, maneuvering,
driving, and navigatingequipment such as backhoes, excavators,
rollers, motor graders, and front-end loaders.
- Strongly prefer candidates with High School Diploma
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information
- Must be able to read grade
- Must be field knowable
- Must be able to work in tight areas
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Dragados, Virginia Beach , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!