School Office Associate II - 12 mo.
Company: Virginia Beach City Public Schools
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Perform intermediate skilled clerical work requiring a qualified
typist; prepare and maintain records; serve as clerical support to
a school principal, staff and faculty.
- Serve as clerical support to the principal and staff; serve as
school receptionist and telephone operator; prepare and maintain
files and records; assist students and teachers.
- Record daily attendance and calls parents if student is
- Maintain records of excessive student absences and unexcused
- Maintain confidential information.
- Make announcements on the public address system.
- Prepare and call in work orders when requested.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Verify information for athletic eligibility.
- Prepare and distribute grade cards.
- Maintain student files and respond to transcript requests.
- Maintain catalogs, profiles, calendars, demographics,
schedules, attendance and grade records on computer.
- Prepare files and records for entering and withdrawing
- Write absentee and tardy slips, issue passes.
- Handle a variety of routine technical and administrative
- Compose and type letters and memoranda in conformance with
school policies or from brief instructions.
- Set up and maintain office procedures and filing systems.
- Meet and screen visitors, answer telephone and process
- Assist with scheduling substitutes and maintaining attendance
- Type letters and memos, reports, bulletins, agendas, invoices,
schedules, manuals, student files and records.
- Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and
equipment; general knowledge of school system routine and
procedures; general knowledge of business English, spelling and
arithmetic; ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others; ability to work under pressure; ability
to organize and perform work independently; ability to type, take
and transcribe dictation accurately at a reasonable rate of speed;
ability to prepare and maintain computerized records and systems;
ability to meet the public effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school supplemented by various courses in
business, typing, dictation, and data processing and some
experience in clerical work. A comparable amount of training and
experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please see "Job Posting Link" below for a complete job
External Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this
position, you must create an account. Please select "Login and
Apply" from the bottom of this posting. After creating an account,
please login, complete the online application, and apply for this
Eligible Internal Applicants: Follow these instructions to
complete a transfer application. After creating an account, please
complete the application and apply for this job.
Reports To Teresa Ritzel
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Salary Range: From/To
Start Date 2020-2021 School Yr
Additional Job Information
A minimum of three references are required in the reference
section of your application. One of the three must be a current or
most recent former supervisor.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation/gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition, disability, marital status, age, genetic
information or veteran status in its programs and activities.
(Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, 4-6)
To seek resolution of grievances resulting from alleged
discrimination or to report violations of these policies, please
contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at (757) 263-1133, 2512
George Mason Drive, Municipal Center, Building 6, Virginia Beach,
Alternative formats of this application which may include taped,
Braille, or large print materials are available upon request for
individuals with disabilities. Call or write the Department of
Human Resources, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, 2512 George
Mason Drive, P.O. Box 6038, Virginia Beach, VA 23456-0038.
Telephone: (757) 263-1133 (voice); (757) 263-1240 (TDD) or email
Keywords: Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach , School Office Associate II - 12 mo., Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!