Quality Assurance Records Specialist
Company: LifeNet Health
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Location: Virginia Beach, VA (Sabre)
Department: Quality Assurance
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Mon-Friday 8:15AM-5PM
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will
embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is
the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and
tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading
innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal
is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of
organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide
innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and
research; and, to serve the community with educational and support
services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over
1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health's success:
As a Records Specialist you would provide support to the Quality
Assurance Record Review process, performing data entry of basic
donor and production related information, and clerical type tasks
related to donor chart documents and information.
What you'll do:
- Perform accurate entry, filing and retrieving of Quality
Assurance records/information into the appropriate system(s) in a
timely and process appropriate manner.
- Perform paper record scanning to electronic format and
verification of scanned document.
- Compile, prepare and copy appropriate Quality Assurance donor
related documents along with appropriate laboratory results, in a
timely and orderly fashion.
- Prepare and sends copies of Quality Assurance documents and
summary reports required by internal and external clients, as
assigned and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other QA staff members, fostering
team-oriented work environment, to obtain and monitor information
needed to complete the donor chart (from both internal and external
- Interact using courteous, timely, appropriate and effective
communication methods for both internal/external customers.
What you'll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year Experience in data entry with great emphasis on
- 1 year experience working with patient medical records in a
high regulated environment preferred
- Advanced degree or formal certificate in a related field
(Medical Office or Medical Records Support) strongly preferred
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Requires following clearly defined procedures. Problems are
solved easily or by consulting with supervisor.
- Occasionally determines if questionable information is within
incumbent's authority to investigate and/or resolve. Will
communicate information received and any changes to the frequency
with which information is received. Making recommendations for how
best to handle such changes within the workgroup is optional.
- Requires communicating well with people at different levels;
sharing information, listening and understanding other points of
- Requires working as part of a group to solve issues and
- Ability to perform routine tasks and demonstrate basic
analytical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy is
- Skills operating basic and complex business machines.
- Knowledge of procedures and services working with patient
medical records and confidential information preferred.
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives,
Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won't find another company
with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events (Chili Cook-Off, 5K, Celebration of
Life Gala, and many more!)
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Food Truck Thursday (at participating locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
Keywords: LifeNet Health, Virginia Beach , Quality Assurance Records Specialist, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!