Company: Atlantic Shores
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Rethink the idea of Retirement - it's the heart of our
philosophy and mission at Atlantic Shores, an award-winning 55+
retirement community in Virginia Beach. We live our mission of
providing high quality housing, supportive services, and health
care in an environment of freedom, dignity and security and are
seeking a dedicated, Project Coordinator to join our team!
Our Core Values include:
- Service to others
- Culture of Trust/Honesty
- Leadership to Grow
We are looking for people who have a heart full of compassion,
people who are warm and kind. Here at Atlantic Shores, you will
have the opportunity to make a wonderful difference in someone's
life every day. Employment with Atlantic Shores comes with great
benefits - with the flexibility to choose the health and welfare
plans to best meet your needs.
High earning potential: Competitive base salary, plus sales
commissions and team bonuses
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
401(k) plan with a generous match
Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO
The Project Coordinator works in accordance with the established
policies and procedures of the community and/or specific
instruction from the Director of Marketing and Sales. The Project
Coordinator is responsible for coordinating multiple aspects of a
project in a fast-paced and challenging work environment and
communicating all the issues and risks of the project. This
position is also responsible for ensuring that everyone is on the
same page and speaking the same language; that projects are
completed on time and within budget. The Project Coordinator is
self-motivated, attentive, and always follow through.
- Associates degree and three years of related work experience or
high school degree and minimum five years related work
- Excellent time management and organizational/administrative
- Experience in a professional office setting or hospitality
environment, where good communication (especially telephone) and
customer relation skills are essential.
- Proficient in the use of various software including all
Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent keyboarding and proofreading skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Takes initiative.
- Skills and Character Traits:
- Task-oriented administrator that can balance many projects at
- Team player, "Yes" attitude.
- Forward-thinker who anticipates future problems and solves them
before they happen.
- Detail oriented - attention to detail is critical when
overseeing so many different aspects of the project.
- Good Communicator - needs to understand the message and deliver
it clearly to the target audience.
- Dependable: must be relied on to uphold their responsibilities
without having to be micromanaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with Sales, Finance and Plant Service teams to Identify
units to be renovated by AS.
- Overseeing the process of ordering materials (flooring,
fixtures, countertops, appliances, etc. as determined by
- Managing timely delivery, storage, and availability of
materials for use by contractors.
- Setting the Scope of Work for each unit and clearly
communicating that SOW with contractors and AS plant services
- Overseeing contractors to ensure work is completed in a timely
(and excellent) fashion.
- Delivering weekly updates of unit progress and completing unit
renovations on time.
- Final walk-through of completed units to ensure units are ready
for market (punch list items completed).
- Management of relationships with suppliers, contractors, and
other departments within AS.
- Proper submission of all invoices, receipts and purchase orders
related to each individual unit.
- Maintain master spreadsheets indicating total amounts spent on
each unit as well as estimated completion dates for each unit.
Atlantic Shores Cooperative Association fully embraces a culture
of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality
promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with
residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and
appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Atlantic Shores Cooperative Association employees are expected
to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and
employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness
which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional,
Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social,
Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and
exceed residents' wellness needs relating to their mind, body and
soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a
Keywords: Atlantic Shores, Virginia Beach , Project Coordinator, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!