Company: Regent University
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Regent University Job Announcement
Regent University Non-Discrimination Policy:
Job Title Assistant Dean of Accreditation and Assessment: req744
Location Virginia Beach Campus Benefits Regent offers a wide range
of generous benefits including health, life and disability
insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition incentives; fully
vested retirement plans; life and disability insurance options,
time off, and more.All regular faculty and staff serving at Regent
and working a minimum of 30 hours per week will receive an
attractive benefits package. Job Summary
Regent University does not discriminate in employment in its
programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status. For full
Non-Discrimination Policy click here .
The School ofEducation is seeking an Assistant Dean of
Accreditation and Assessment. This is a full-time, staff position
at RegentUniversitys main campus in Virginia Beach, VA. Applicant
must havefirsthand knowledge and experience of the Council for the
Accreditation ofEducator Preparation (CAEP) accreditation processes
and the Virginia Departmentof Education (VDOE) regulations across
initial and advanced teacher educationprograms. Essential functions
of the position will include:
- Assess student performance and collaborate with faculty to
evaluate the effectiveness of instructional offerings.
- Analyze assessment findings to ensure reliability and validity,
and share assessment findings with various university constituents
to devise strategies for the implementation of the data.
- Assist with program review and evaluation processes including
developing goals and outcomes and designing appropriate tools to
measures the attainment of those outcomes.
- Develop and implement various models of assessment across all
School of Education academic programs.
- Assist with the oversight and coordination of the Council for
the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) accreditation
processes for continued School of Education accreditation.
- Assist with the oversight and coordination of the Virginia
Department of Education (VDOE) program approval processes.
- Assist with the oversight and coordination of the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
(SACSCOC) program approval and accreditation processes for the
School of Education.
- Report and maintain documentation of outcomes assessment
activities for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the oversight and coordination of accreditation
audits and site team visits, and lead all accreditation and
accountability team meetings and subcommittee meetings.
- Coach faculty in data collection and analysis techniques and
best practices, and work with faculty to ensure all programmatic
standards are met, addressing program deficiencies in data
collection and instrumentation through documented action
- Lead non-accredited programs through the continuous improvement
- Teach graduate level methodology courses and perform
methodologist functions for dissertation committees as
- Doctoral degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with teacher licensure
and leadership accreditation and approval processes is
- Applied and advanced knowledge of research and assessment
methodology, curriculum development and assessment design.
- Applied and advanced knowledge of assessment findings to ensure
reliability and validity.
- Applied and advanced knowledge of developing curriculum goals
and outcomes and designing appropriate tools to measures the
attainment of those outcomes.
- Applied and advanced knowledge of models of assessment across
all Schools of Education academic programs.
- Ability to teach and evaluate student performance.
Candidate must have:
- A heart for the personal, spiritual and professional
development of students and faculty
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A heart forservice and the ability to provide service in a
- Commitment to Regent's core values of Excellence, Innovation
Please include a CV, a cover letter, and a statement ofChristian
faith with your application.
Pay Rate TBD
Keywords: Regent University, Virginia Beach , Assistant Dean, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!