Product Service Specialist
Company: STIHL Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
As a family-owned company, its the people who continue to make
STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a highly
motivated, passionate Product Services Specialist to join our
Technical Services Team at STIHLs corporate headquarters in
This person will monitor the US market for technical product
issues as well as report product issues, prioritize effectively and
convincingly, gather samples and work with colleagues in worldwide
technical service to resolve issues. Additionally, will provide
comprehensive product service support for assigned product groups
with the goals of maximizing market acceptance and market share of
products sold by STIHL Inc.
Position highlights include:
- Benefits Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K,
bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively identifies, prioritizes, and resolves product and
warranty issues for assigned products. Coordinates resolution of
product issues. Creates executive level reports and
- Investigates product issues which includes visiting and
interviewing distributors, dealers, and end-user customers to
gather information and identify root causes. Identifies and works
with customers to resolve product issues caused by improper use or
improper repair and maintenance procedures.
- Provides technical service and warranty support for assigned
product group to STIHL distributors, dealers, end-user customers,
STIHL Inc. Sales & Marketing Dept., STIHL Inc. Product Information
Department, STIHL Inc. Customer Service Dept. and other individuals
within the company as requested. Provides technical service support
to English speaking Caribbean countries and other countries as
assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates with STIHL Inc. Technical Services staff, Field
Testing staff, Customer Service technical support staff, Training
department and Product Management department providing concise
information regarding product technical information and product
- Collaborates with STIHL Inc. technical training department to
develop accurate and relevant technical training information.
- Identifies service support and service diagnostic needs that
can take advantage of access, integration and use via the internet
and connected devices.
- Provides service support for trade shows, industry events,
product demonstrations, service training, sales meetings, end-user
groups, company sponsored events, and other events as directed by
- Assume additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related discipline or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Performs work under general supervision. Handles moderately
complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to
- Basic to intermediate computer and Microsoft Software
knowledge, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytic and data visualization skills utilizing MS
Excel, Powerpoint, Access, SQL databases and other programs.
- Strong ability to communicate and convince with data. Ability
to create concise executive level presentations utilizing charts,
graphs and other visualizations.
- Advanced understanding and experience in repair and maintenance
of small 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines and/or electric and battery
- German or Spanish language proficiency (written, verbal and
Keywords: STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach , Product Service Specialist, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!