Director, Supply Chain Management
Company: VT Group
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
VTG is currently seeking a Director of Supply Chain Management
to join our team in San Diego, CA; Virginia Beach, VA or Chantilly,
VA to direct all aspects of supply chain management, planning, and
operations for the entire enterprise, including:
- Strategic and Requirements-Driven Sourcing
- Commodity and Specialty Goods and Services Purchasing and
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Reseller Relationship Management and Agreement
- Cost and Price Management
- Supply Chain Financial Analysis
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Logistics, Receiving, Warehousing, and Inventory
- Material Management
- Government-furnished Property/Equipment/Material
- Enterprise Systems Capability Requirements Development and
- Supply Chain Risk, Resiliency, and Compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Socio-Economic
- Staff Professional and Technical Development
- Manage day-to-day Supply Chain Department enterprise-wide
operations. The Supply Chain Department enterprise is composed of
- Purchasing Unit
- Materials Management Unit
- Logistics Unit
- In collaboration with the Technical Services Department,
Finance Department, and operating business units, implement,
populate, and manage integrated supply chain management information
and knowledge management systems, including operational reporting,
business intelligence, financial management, and project reporting
- Enable and manage processes and systems designed to provide
visibility into project bills of material and status and location
of requisitioned/ordered/purchased/shipped/delivered materials and
equipment by project management teams.
- Curate internal company materials/parts catalog library.
- Manage all aspects of receiving, quality inspection, tagging,
and tracking of incoming materials and equipment and
distribution/delivery to company work locations
- Manage company materials and equipment inventories and
government-furnished materials and equipment inventories.
- Manage all aspects of Supply Chain Department continuous
process improvement actions and activities; policies, procedures,
processes, and instructions development and roll-out; and staff
member training and professional development.
- Establish relationships with reputable shipping/transportation
providers and manage all aspects of domestic and international
shipments of company goods sold, including packaging and crating of
company goods and ensuring compliance with export, customs, and
duties regulations, requirements, and documentation.
- Establish and maintain processes for ensuring tight
coordination with the company's finance and accounting department
to ensure accurate and timely invoicing, payment, and financial
- Manage all aspects of U.S. government contracting purchasing
system and government property reviews and audits.
- Manage supply chain business ethics, counterfeit parts, cyber
risks, and country-of-origin restrictions compliance (e.g., Buy
American Act, Trade Agreements Act, Berry Amendment, and John S.
McCain National Defense Authorization Act Section 889(a)(1)(B)
- Manage strategic supply chain risk management (e.g., types of
goods services, availability of goods and services, production
runs, lead times, prices, etc.)
- Manage reseller relationships and negotiate reseller agreements
economic and business terms with original equipment manufacturers
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a
senior management role.
- Must have experience with Deltek Costpoint, specifically with
expertise on integration into the accounting system.
- CPSM or other supply chain management certification
- Strong analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable federal and agency acquisition
- Strong planning, decision-making, relationship-building, and
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in business conditions,
competing demands, and unanticipated events.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, government cost
accounting principles, and project budgeting.
- General understanding of business cases and an appreciation of
customer contractual terms and company contract performance as they
pertain to and affect supply chain operations and financial
Keywords: VT Group, Virginia Beach , Director, Supply Chain Management, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!