Front Desk Supervisor (Full-Time)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Front Desk Supervisor supervises the operation of the front
desk to maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and
guest service as possible. He/She will accommodate hotel patrons by
registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or
cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of
occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming
reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments
from departing guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will
pay for the accommodation.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts,
manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone
calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to
managers as necessary.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest
registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations
regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
- Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking
supplies and watering plants.
- Plan, schedule or supervise the work of other employees.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are
ready for cleaning.
- Responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out,
plus all special requests for services or information, in
accordance with SOP's.
- Assists in training of new associates and maintains constant
training of agents as cashiers.
- Ensures all members of the staff are completely familiar with
all hotel emergency procedures.
- Works with desk agents to balance at end of shift and ensures
completion of shift checklist.
- Smiles and greets all guests immediately in a gracious and
professional manner; handles all guest questions and problems
within empowerment guidelines.
Education & Experience:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred,
with at least one year experience at the front desk.
Basic computer skills required.
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
EEO/AA Employer Disclosure
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
Source: Hyatt Brands
Keywords: Hyatt, Virginia Beach , Front Desk Supervisor (Full-Time), Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!