Civil Superintendent- Deep Utility
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 6, 2021
SUPERINTENDENT - CIVIL CONSTRUCTION A leading Virginia Beach
Civil Infrastructure Company is pursuing a Civil Superintendent for
immediate hire. The candidate should have deep utility and
dewatering civil construction skills. This could include
excavation, earthwork, grading, underground utilities, paving etc.
This is an attractive opportunity to join a highly respected
contractor in the area. Employees have the ability to establish a
defined career path and continue to grow within the company.
- Responsible for ensuring that a safe workplace remains the top
priority by partnering with the Safety department, Safety
committee, and Project Management to support policies, procedures
and practices for establishing a safe workplace.
- Control job progress by managing Subcontractors, solving
problems and conflicts, using proper documentation, quality control
and safety control techniques on the job.
- Control project costs by weekly evaluation of labor, material,
and equipment costs.
- Oversee field productivity, cost control, quality control and
scheduling to ensure accurate and updated construction schedules
and budgets are being met.
- Work with field and project management to address cost and
- Take an active part in job start/job close meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Project Management to troubleshoot
job challenges and update job status
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures with
field personnel and Subcontractors.
- Provide Leadership through building cooperative relationships,
acting systemically, being decisive and taking responsibility.
- Display leadership by being a good role model and striving to
promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Always act in a professional manner.Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years' heavy civil
construction experience. Project types could include earthwork,
underground utilities, grading, concrete piling, excavation, deep
utility, paving, water/wastewater, DOT.
- Understands and promotes the "team" concept.
- Familiarity with safety regulations.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex
(including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military
status, genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable laws or regulations.GPAC (Growing People and Companies)
is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused
and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Virginia Beach , Civil Superintendent- Deep Utility, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!