Supervising Mobile Radiologic Technologist
Company: Dynamic Mobile Imaging
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This is a Full time dayshift position, with flexible
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF
This is a working Supervisor Role for the entire Tidewater
Area. The primary responsibility of this position is to
perform patient care duties involved in a variety of technical
procedures applying ionizing radiation, for a radiological
This position also requires performance of non-radiological
procedures, which are EKGs, Holter Monitors and Pace Maker
This position serves the following patient populations: Adults
geriatrics- and young males and females.
- EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a 24 month approved radiological technology
program or equivalent.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic
- Virginia Radiology License
- Supervisory Experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs the following duties related to Mobile Imaging which
includes but not limited to:
- Prepares and assures that physician and patient orders are
accurate and are forwarded to the office as required in a timely
- Assures that the equipment is available and in working order(
in the vans) prior to shift start, and shift end.
- Sets, adjusts, manipulates and controls a variety of electronic
equipment to obtain diagnostic images to include EKGs and Holter
- Is cognizant of patients suspected pathology as reported by
Nurse/M.D.(noted on the patient request form)
- Analyzes patients general body size, physical condition and age
and any abnormalities in order to determine proper electronic and
- Positions and handles patient with high degree of safety and
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety
standards. Sets up radiation protective shielding required for
maximum protection in accordance with National Council on Radiation
Protection relating to medical use of ionizing radiation and
appropriate state laws.
- Determines and selects proper electronic and technical factors
which safeguard the patient, x-ray tube and equipment.
- Directs and practices sterile technique to prevent
cross-contamination. Reports immediately any malfunction, necessary
adjustment or repairs of equipment to direct supervisor.
- Supervises and evaluates activities of student radiographers as
assigned for training.
- Performs record keeping and related functions which include but
not limited to: Assures accurate information on patient exams and
performs exam as ordered by the ordering physician.
- Assures that the x-ray , physician order and the face sheet is
forwarded to the office via Turbo-scan or fax prior to leaving the
facility in order to minimize the waiting time for Radiological
interpretation, and result reporting.
- Delivers discs, EKGs etc. to reading groups. Also delivers
request forms as requested by facilities.
- Performs other office duties as requested and as time
FOLLOWS JOINT COMMISSION NATIONAL PATIENT SAFETY GOALS
To include hand washing and patient identifiers.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Works in an area where there is potential radiation exposure,
but which is monitored by radiation badges.
- Works in an areas where there is potential infectious disease
exposure, but which requires the technologist to use safety
precautions-gloves, masks, hand disinfectants, and to follow
precautionary measures as required by the facility.
- Requires hand washing on a regular basis
- Requires viewing a CRT.
- Requires moving x-ray equipment and EKG machine in and out of
- Requires driving on a daily basis.
- Requires lifting and manipulating patient furnishings to
acquire proper positioning for x-rays exams.
Keywords: Dynamic Mobile Imaging, Virginia Beach , Supervising Mobile Radiologic Technologist, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!