Human Resources Manager, Generalist
Company: ADS Tactical
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Human Resources Manager, Generalist
Location: (ADS HQ - Not remote) Virginia Beach, VA
- Individual office
- Minimal travel (about 2-5 times a year)
- Occasional weekends, holidays, and after business hours
Job Functions: Human Resources Manager/Generalist will
coordinate HR policies and programs for the current and future ADS
team. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Strategy, this
individual will develop, implement, and evaluate ongoing HR
policies, programs, and activities. The Human Resources
Manager/Generalist will be responsible for the compensation
process, employee relations, and ensuring that the organization is
in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
As the Human Resources Manager, Generalist you will be
- Administer HR services as directed or assigned, including
promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration,
affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, and employee
relations in accordance with quality management principles and
overall objectives of the organization.
- Maintain understanding of current and proposed federal and
state laws/regulations affecting human resource management.
Identify trends that could affect ADS team and make recommendations
to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Administer the company's annual compensation process and
maintain deep understanding ADS's organizational structure, jobs,
qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative
practices related to those factors.
- Develop, prepare, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc reports
related to employee personnel information and data, including
issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment,
turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative
action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the
data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data
- Work with the ADS legal team to interpret appropriate laws and
policies and advise management, employees and retirees
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Develops,
reviews, and revises policies/procedures.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of human resources experience; experience in HR at a
small to mid-size firm preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience resolving complex employee
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee relations, diversity, and performance management.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning
employee benefits, payroll and legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; equivalent professional and/or
military experience may be acceptable upon hiring managers
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) current certification preferred.
- Prior payroll, benefits, and/or HRIS management experience
- Must be passionate about the organization with a strong
understanding of our mission and vision.
- Must be self-directed, flexible, and demonstrate ability to
remain positive in the face of challenges.
ADS believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger
thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and
we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender
identification, national origin or any other legally protected
characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a
workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out
veterans and the disabled for opportunities at ADS.
Keywords: ADS Tactical, Virginia Beach , Human Resources Manager, Generalist, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!