Accountant II (48622)
Company: Avis Budget Group
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Avis Budget Group is searching for a Staff Accountant II to join
our Fleet Accounting Department in Virginia Beach, VA. This
position contributes to the company's success by being responsible
for handling the accounting and analysis for Avis Budget Group.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary
accordingly based on assignment.
What you'll do:
- Perform month end responsibilities that include recording of
accrual and amortization journal entries
- Prepare month end reports used within the Fleet Accounting
- Confirm/validate, inventory, sales, purchases, I-records for
multiple entities during month end close.
- Perform quarterly subsequent testing of purchases and sales for
- Execute and review Canada fleet statistics provided to Treasury
- Analyze and submit Canada GM in-service dates
- Perform in-service date audits.
- Depreciation rate validation and analysis. (Use Code Validation
to Fleet Admin and Interaction).
- Excess mileage penalty preparation and work with field on
- Assist/Develop/Execute BRIO and Easytrive queries.
- Respond to Adhoc requests from various levels of
- Prepare Virgin Island and Puerto Rico Receivable Aging
What we're looking for: (may vary by level)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years progressive experience in general accounting
- Experience working in a corporate environment preferred
- Experience within a car rental or travel related industry a
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Knowledge of ACL is a plus
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with
a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as
part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Solid PC skills including MS Office (particularly Excel) to
include vlookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a rapidly
Perks you'll get:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group
Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public
transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase
of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including
counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care
service and more
Who are we?
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals--although
over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries
has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the
mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions,
our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget
Truck, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more
convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our
customers. But we also connect our employees to more:
opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration, and most
importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come
join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer -
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of
employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and
level of this position only. Essential functions and
responsibilities may change as business needs require. This
position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Keywords: Avis Budget Group, Virginia Beach , Accountant II (48622), Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!