Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay currently has an
amazing opportunity to serve others and grow professionally in a
supportive environment. Our residents choose to live in our
community based on the impeccable service, the warm,
family-friendly atmosphere and the clean and inviting living
spaces. We welcome YOU to join in on the incredible rewards of
serving our residents.
Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is currently hiring
Dietary Aides are Nutrition Care Partners in our Household Model
in our Healthcare Centers.
- Part Time: Must be open to working 7am - 7 pm, 7 am - 1 pm and
1 pm - 7 pm shifts.
Why work with Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay?
- Retirement plan.
- Hiring immediately!
- No late nights- dining rooms close at 7pm.
- Scholarship opportunities for immediate family members
(dependents and spouse).
- Advancement opportunities.
- Steady, non-seasonal employment.
- No tips = higher base pay and reliable paycheck.
- Beautiful environment overlooking the Chesapeake Bay.
What will I do?
Our Dietary Aides create an enjoyable dining experience for the
residents of the Hoy Center and our Assisted Living Community.
- Preparing, cooking, serving and/or delivering food to
- Following established culinary instruction in preparation of
meals & maintaining meal schedules.
- Assisting with clean up, kitchen sanitation, maintenance, set
up and take down the dining areas.
- Taking daily inventory of food and kitchen supplies.
What do I need for this role?
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Prior food service and cooking experience preferred.
- Must interact well with others and demonstrate a high level of
sensitivity and interest in people, especially older adults.
- Must value active listening and observing to adapt to each
resident's changing needs.
- Experience in health care environment desirable, but not
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays and
special events designated by Westminster Canterbury.
What makes Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982,Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a
faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to
serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore of
Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like
setting, provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to
offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care
solutions. Our employees, residents and guests carry out our
mission daily: Creating community to foster joy and well-being.
We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and
residents by adhering to our Values of achieving excellence by
giving and expecting:
RESPECT for each Person.
PASSION for what we do.
PROFESSIONALISM in all we do.
Stay updated on Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay's
response to the COVID-19: https://www.wcbay.com/coronavirus
Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without
regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia,
with the State Police criminal background check including sex
offender crimes. All new hires are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug