Are you ready to take your career to the next level? LoanCare,
one of the top providers in the mortgage services industry, seeks a
dynamic and experienced accounting leader to join our team as an
Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with
clients, both internal and external, be detail oriented, and is
driven to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment. If you
are ready for a career and not just your next job, now is the time
to join our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role, you will
- Manage daily operations of the Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Implement, enhance and monitor accounting procedures and
- Suggest and develop process improvements.
- Analyze and review various financial and billing reports to
provide monthly variance explanations
- Resolve issues related to invoicing, reporting, and
- Work in close relationship with Operations and other divisional
stakeholders to support client needs
- Support the monthly close process including preparing or
reviewing journal entries, ensuring proper methodology for
calculations and maintaining proper supporting documentation.
- Interface with all levels of corporate and operational
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to multitask and meet close deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong in Excel
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solver
- Detail oriented
WHO WE ARE
LoanCare, a ServiceLink company, is a leading national provider
of full service subservicing and interim subservicing to the
mortgage industry and has offered its expertise and best practices
in providing servicing solutions for others since 1991. At the
present time, LoanCare subservices over 1 million loans in 50
states. LoanCare has a seasoned loan servicing team with senior
managers averaging nearly 30 years of experience in the mortgage
and financial services industry.
DETAILED JOB DUTIES
- Acts as liaison between Corporate Accounting and Operational
teams to ensure transactions are valid with proper supporting
documentation prior to being billed.
- Actively participate in the design, development, testing, and
documentation of controls, and ensure adequate procedures are in
place to capture and process billing transactions accurately and
timely (very high volume)
- Ensure reconciliations are accurate and reconciling or aged
items are worked timely.
- Create decision trees for revenue recognition, accounts
receivables and write offs.
- Serve as point of contact to resolve accounting issues
including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, variances, aged
items and supporting documentation.
- Supervises the process of Billing responding to, and providing
support for, monthly and quarterly variance explanations and/or
client and financial audit requests.
- Create and test billing invoices to contract guidelines.
- Mentors, trains, and assists the Billing team to ensure
appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Provide support and training to the team
- Responsible for the creation and editing of key departmental
policies and procedures, including any testing and training
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of accounting, billing and related processes
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing,
in person and on the telephone.
- Strong leadership and management skills to mentor, train,
coach, and manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties in order to meet
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team oriented
environment in an organized manner. Consistent follow up.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a bonus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must
have the ability to attend work and be productive during normal
business hours and to work early, late and/or weekend hours as
needed for successful job performance.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition, and grammar.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people is
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand
information and ideas presented in writing.
Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of
information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding
a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the
speech of another person.
Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can
Sitting up to 90% of time
Walking up to 10% of time
Occasional standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
LoanCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability,
protected veteran status, national origin, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.