The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency
mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that
is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA
operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality
grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees,
members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as
well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000
people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
- Maintain the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system with
current, accurate data to ensure optimal order quantities are
calculated necessary to sustain customer demands.
- Use radio-frequency hand-held terminals to gather data
necessary to update and adjust inventory.
- Record and updates Balance on Hand (BOH) data; maintains
perpetual inventory and audits credits.
- Perform daily inventory audit of items not-in-stock and
- Evaluate stock levels of all CAO categories daily by physically
reviewing the storage and display shelf locations, shippers and
- Interface with all levels of management and deals directly with
commercial distributor/vendor stocking representatives on issues
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Application materials must be received by 11:59 EST On the
- Work Schedule: Full Time, 80 hours biweekly.
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends,
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive.
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable.
- Overtime: Occasionally.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally.
- Fair Labor Standards Act: (FLSA): Non-Exempt.
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes.
- Drug Testing: Not Required.
- Physical Requirement: Work requires some physical exertion
involved in lifting, bending, standing, walking, reaching and
pulling. Frequently lifts or moves heavy boxes or crates weighing
up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Obligated Position: No.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after
December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service
system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards
for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions,
To qualify for this position you must possess one year of
specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level that
equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities
(KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is
directly in or related to this position. To be creditable,
specialized experience must be at the GS-04 grade level or
equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service,
military, or private sector.
Applicants must have completed four years of education beyond
the high school level from a college or university accredited by an
organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education (https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/)
and in an appropriate field of study as described elsewhere in this
A combination of experience and education equaling 100% of the
Additional information is available in the Group Coverage
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through a National
Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other
organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious,
spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps
build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide
valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your
name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per
week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each
position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be
marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration
for this position.
To ensure full consideration of your experience and education we
encourage you to use the USAJOBS resume builder to prepare your
resume or to guide you in preparing your resume.
In addition to meeting the qualifications outlined above, you
must also meet the following requirements:
Time after competitive appointment: Candidates applying under
merit promotion must have completed three months of civilian
service after a competitive appointment by the closing date of the
announcement. (5 CFR 330.501)
Examples of specialized experience include:
- Using hand held terminals to gather data necessary to update
and adjust inventory.
- Ensuring optimal shelf space allocation for available
- Ordering product; and / or maintaining a perpetual
Education may be substituted for specialized experience at this
If you are relying on education to qualify, then:
- Your education must be from a college or university accredited
by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
for more information.
- Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated
ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts for
the application process, as long as they contain your name, the
name of the school, the date and degree awarded, and the list of
classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this
office no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing date in order to
- If selected, an official transcript MUST be received before an
Entrance of Duty date is set.