Company: Chenega Corporation
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Site Superintendent will have a mastery of all the technical
installation levels from that of a Technician level one through a
level three Technician. The Superintendent is the appointed subject
matter expert (SME) responsible for ensuring execution of the
specific technical task order(s) are being followed through with in
the field ensuring the technical solutions and schedules in the
task order are implemented in a timely manner. The Superintendent
executes technical knowledge to solve complex problems that
typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers'
manuals, similar documents or the OEM technical support network.
The work requires an understanding of the various types of
circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks
as circuit analysis, calculating wave forms, and tracing
relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such
as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers,
distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment. The
Superintendent plans, prepares, and conducts on-the-job training as
required in support of the foregoing activities. This position will
provide leadership and technical guidance to all technicians and
assigned to the Project site.
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of
multiple facility projects
- Acts as the company contact in the field with a demonstrated
ability to troubleshoot/solve issues and coordinate with other
trades/clients with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to use diagnostic equipment/software and
established troubleshooting techniques to isolate network
deficiencies, equipment failures and operational anomalies.
- Ability to read, interpret electrical and electromechanical
schematics and architectural drawings.
- Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams
for systems, equipment and devices.
- Creates the appropriate cables list or summary from drawings
and defines cables/fiber pathways per the installation design
- Assists in the creation and design of in- house engineering
- Assists in identifying electronic security system
- Understanding the infrastructure relationships between
- Must possess a high- level programming capability across
- May have installation duties assigned
- May test continuity of conductor(s) or breaks in fiber.
- May terminate basic connections such as butt splices, insulated
connectors, terminal strips/blocks, fiber, telecommunications, and
- May assist with the mounting and terminating field devices
(i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
- May assist installing and terminating sub-level devices (i.e.
patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment to include
power and proper grounding.
- May assist terminating and testing voice and data
- Will Perform field verification testing for compliance
- Expertise with maintenance management systems as
- Adhering to all Company and Client policies and
- Responsible for all red line documents and finial acceptance by
- Supervises multiple Electronic Installation/Maintenance
Technicians. Plans, organizes, directs and guides their activities.
Required to attend daily and/or weekly meetings and manage project
- Travel to various job sites will be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience (within the last ten
years) in the Facilities Industry
- Training in engineering and construction management.
- Academic training in construction Health and Safety.
- Training in construction quality control.
- Have completed the course "Construction Quality Management for
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Vehicle Barrier
Systems, Electric and Hydraulic, Automated Access Control System
hardware (AACS) Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Closed Circuit
Television (CCTV) equipment and other industry related areas.
- Knowledge of multiple ACS/IDS, CCTV platforms, i.e. Software
House/C-CURE, Lenel, MDI, BOSCH, DMP, HIRSCH or as required.
- Desired experience with the following technologies and OEMs:
CCURE 800/9000, Lenel, Hirsch, Bosch, DMP, MDI, Morpho Detection
Itemizer; Smiths Detection X-Ray Hiscan; CEIA Walk-Through Metal
Detectors; Delta & Koei Vehicle Barrier; Bosch CCTV Systems; IP
CCTV, Morpho Detection Itemizer; Smiths Detection X-Ray Hiscan;
CEIA Walk-Through Metal Detectors; Delta & Koei Vehicle Barrier;
RSSI Vehicle Barrier, Panasonic Analog CCTV Systems; IP CCTV
Systems; Pathminder Turnstiles; or equivalent OEM
- OSHA 30 Training preferred.
- Familiar with requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1 preferred
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance.
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Virginia Beach , Site Superintendent, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!