Principal Systems Engineer
Company: G2 Ops, Inc.
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: January 9, 2021
**Active DOD Secret Clearance preferred but not required; or,
Inactive within 2 years**The Principal Systems Engineer will be
responsible for systems engineering associated with complex US DoD
systems over their development life cycles using model-based
systems engineering (MBSE) toolsets and methodologies. The
Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for operational,
architectural, and requirements research and analysis utilizing
SysML standards and advanced MBSE enabled methodologies. Activities
include using MBSE methodologies for operational/functional flow
analysis, requirements gathering and gap/integrity analysis, system
architecture development, and high-level system design. The
Principal Systems Engineer will require hands-on familiarity with
various engineering modeling, simulation & requirements management
tool suites.Principal Systems Engineer Essential Functions:
- Engineering domain experience and understanding of
current/future DoD military systems to include C4I, Surface-,
subsurface-, air- and mine-warfare on military programs in all
- Proficient in customer need analysis, operational analysis
including CONOPS, use cases, and decision flows; system functional
analysis, project scope definition, requirements gathering and
development; and architectural analysis to include system
architecture viewpoints and interface definition.
- Technical leadership in conducting customer meetings,
engineering data gathering activities with DoD subject matter
experts; positive relationships with peers and customer technical
- Perform as a peer with the client's Systems Engineering team
creating, developing, and executing MBSE solutions and technical
- Provide systems engineering guidance to peers and
recommendations to leadership.
- Work with stakeholders to address system reviews, issues,
defects, and vulnerabilities.
- Assist Government clients in the capture and translation of
mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability
requirements and solutions.
- Assist Government clients in strategic technical planning,
project management, performance engineering, risk management and
- Conduct requirements engineering, scheduling, reliability,
development, and evaluation, maintainability and analysis for
- Ability to serve as an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) or
Solution Director (SD).Principal Systems Engineer Required
Education/Years of Experience:
- **Must have prior team leadership experience and leadership
traits to be considered**.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree, or related, with at
least 7 years of related experience or Master of Science in
similar/related field with 5 years of related experience.
- Desired candidate for this role will have 5 to 15 (max) years
of prior work specific to systems engineering requirements
- 5 years of technical leadership experience.
- DoD engineering background knowledge.Principal Systems Engineer
- Strong problem-solving skills, a proactive attitude, and a
strong attention to detail.
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry in
relevant work areas including: Requirements analysis, requirements
decomposition methods, requirements gap analysis methods, and
requirements management methods.
- Understanding of Navy C4I Systems, surface ship systems,
submarine systems, and/or air platform systems.
- Skill in system requirements management and analysis.
- Skill in assessing systems engineering designs.
- Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements
specification, to include parent/child linkage.
- Experience in utilizing MBSE tools to assess operations,
requirements, architectures and designs.
- Ability to operate effectively in a distributed team
environment; able to plan and delegate.
- Ability to lead or assist in the training, management, and
focus of systems engineering personnel to include managing project
tasking.Certifications:Must possess or achieve one of the following
certifications within the first year of this position:
- ACTIVE DoD Secret security clearance with TS/SCI eligibility
- Full-time, salaried position
- Occasional Travel
- This position will require interfacing with clients and work
both in our G2 Ops office as well as on customer sites (site
location will vary based on project)Benefits
- 100% company-paid insurance for medical, dental, and vision for
eligible employees and family members
- 100% company-paid insurance for life, short-term (STD) and
long-term disability (LTD) for eligible employees
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary employer matching
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Educational assistance
- Work/life balance
- Family-oriented culture
- Competitive salariesAbout G2 Ops, Inc.G2 Ops, Inc. is a small
business with big capabilities in cyber security architectural
analysis, model-based systems engineering (MBSE), and strategic
consulting in support of both government and commercial clients
across the globe. As a trusted and reliable government contractor,
we deliver cyber security & systems engineering support for
integrated DoD weapons, communications, intelligence, and other
mission-critical systems. In the commercial space, we provide
business solutions analysis, strategic planning, and training and
development services to a variety of public and private sector
businesses and organizations. Through innovative solutions,
exceptional employees, top-tier analytical capabilities, and a
customer-centered focus, G2 Ops has established a reputation for
service excellence and innovation.G2 Ops, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity EmployerPowered by JazzHRH9AcbUHW2Q
Keywords: G2 Ops, Inc., Virginia Beach , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!