Director, Professional Development Center Requisition ID
# of Openings 1
Employment Status Full Time
Posted Date 6 months ago (2/17/2020 5:02 PM)
Job Family Professional Staff
Company ECPI University
City Virginia Beach
Country United States
Overview The Director of the Professional Development Center
(Director) is responsible for the development, coordination,
implementation and administration of all continuing education
programs offered by ECPI University’s Virginia Beach campus. By
establishing and nurturing strong relationships with business and
workforce development leaders, the Director will ensure programs
offered through the Professional Development Center deliver value
to results-driven organizations and career-minded individuals.
Responsibilities • Provides leadership for ECPI’s Professional
Development Center through planning, developing, marketing and
implementing new and existing programs.
• Directs daily operations and supervision of instructional
staff, including course development, course registration and
• Ensures, through direct contact, that students enrolled in
Professional Development Center courses receive a high level of
customer service, from inquiry to course completion.
• Coordinates master plan for scheduling; and the creation and
assessment of institutional effectiveness.
• Helps identify and secure appropriate resources to keep
current with vendor/partner lab, courseware and equipment
• Develop new program offerings through research and
relationships with industry partners.
• Develops proposals and negotiates agreements for non-degree
program offerings including workforce training opportunities and
• Actively participates in community and corporate networking
events and meetings.
• Ensures consistency in the delivery of all Professional
• Provides fiscal oversight and evaluation.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related concentration.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in workforce development,
sales, and program management
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with and knowledge of adult learning styles and
professional training techniques.
• Experience with and knowledge of project management.
• High level relationship building and communication skills.
• Confident, persuasive presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to convey complex business opportunities and concepts
verbally and written.
• Ability to analyze employment data and trends.
• Ability to assess and respond to economic and workforce
conditions and environment.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina,
South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in
awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to
meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI
University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees,
and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business,
Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI
University has been helping students achieve their educational and
career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while
working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have
the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our
university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who
are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
A focus on students and academic excellence
Professional work environment
Talented and committed co-workers
An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your
knowledge, skills and professional network
Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.