Senior Agile Coach
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Job #: 1004941
Senior Agile Coach
The Agile Coach will guide project delivery teams within the Health
Payer Segment through coaching and mentoring.
As an Agile coach, you will be responsible for coordinating the
delivery of agile based activities and leading the development
project team to implement iterative releases driven by the
The Agile Coach will provide 'change agent' leadership in the area
of agile best practices and transformation for the teams and
requires hands-on coaching experience in Agile frameworks,
specifically Scrum, SAFe and Kanban.
You will lead the coaching of multiple, distributed teams and be
responsible for leading Agile transformation at a program/portfolio
level. Your role includes direct coaching and support to projects.
You will coach Managers, Scrum Masters, and team members towards
performing at their highest level and transitioning away from
waterfall processes. Experience with CMMI High Maturity practices
Success will be measured through achieving our goals with the
behaviors exhibited by practitioners from across the enterprise:
Deliver Outcomes, Work as a Team, Build Strong Partnerships, and
Strive for Excellence.
- Provide agile leadership, coaching and education to the
enterprise technology delivery capabilities for the enablement of
effective scrum masters, scrum development teams, product owners,
and other enabled scaled roles to ensure successful delivery of
continuous business value
- Influence leadership and management teams within our delivery
practices, including business and other supporting functional areas
which engage with technology teams on agile principles, practices
- Drive adoption of the new delivery model and agile practices
across the enterprise (multiple initiatives at one time)
- Cultivate a transparent environment where people learn new
things, try them out, and help find better ways to do things
- Stay abreast of new Agile techniques, methods, strategies and
communicate to leadership
- Demonstrate thought leadership by engaging with enterprise
through speaking, learning forums, blogging, etc.
- Help teams develop and implement practices and metrics that
track effective and efficient delivery for continuous
- Provide Agile coaching to teams on all aspects of Agile project
management framework, with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This
includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in
a consultant model. Experienced in coaching towards the
implementation and execution of Agile in an environment where
individuals are unfamiliar with the methodology
- Demonstrated ability to mentor scrum teams on agile practices
(processes, tools, artifacts and ceremonies), assisting the team to
self-organize, leading the team towards a path of continuous
- Familiarity with quality management, organizational
development, and agile principles
- Ability to work across all levels of the organizations and
within matrixed environments
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and
mindsets that are associated with agile methods.
- Coach teams and management towards improving agile processes
and metrics. Help with new Scrum team setup or evaluate and mentor
existing Scrum teams. Deliver training classes as part of coaching
for roles including product owners, developers and testers.
- Enable the continual improvement of software development
projects. This includes better predictability of scheduling,
improvement of productivity, emphasis for quality of delivery
- Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to
teams and management for improvements.
- Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile guidance,
training materials and content.
- Guide the organization towards Agile maturity by organizing
workshops and presentations.
- Bring disclosure and transparency to the business and earn the
trust of the stakeholders.
- Participate in Agile knowledge communities; continuously share
and improve related practices and knowledge.
Overall 10+ years of IT experience
- Experience with the transformation of Waterfall to Agile large
- Experience with creating Agile roadmap for the transformation
of Waterfall to Agile
- Experienced with SAFe methodology.
- Experienced with Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with the team operating from multiple locations
- Experience with creating a roadmap for large scale agile
transformation from Waterfall to Agile
- Healthcare/Medicare knowledge is an added advantage
- Certified Agile Coach
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 8+ years in the use of Agile methodologies and supporting
- 3+ years working in an Agility training/coaching role with
exposure to large organizational transformations -
Must have enterprise-level Agile and organizational change
- Solid background utilizing an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum,
Extreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe) in software development
- Solid oral, written, and presentation skills as well as
excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a
variation of Agile process.
- Experience coaching and mentoring software teams on Agile
- Experience in creating and delivering Agile
- Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating
discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Project management experience within Agile software development
teams and environments
- Solid software development and delivery background
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Virginia Beach , Senior Agile Coach, IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!