Business Analyst (Job #6463)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: April 17, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Business Analyst for our
client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
The strongest candidates for this position will be able to:
* Develop process diagrams and data flow diagrams.
* Document functional business processes and technical
* Document and manage support structures.
* Apply a broad knowledge-base and work independently to code,
test, debug, document, implement, and maintain software
* Must have a working knowledge of SQL Server database development
and recent experience.
Collaborates with business and IT partners to facilitate and
support the development of detailed scope statements and high level
business requirements in development efforts.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Partners with Business and IT to leverage technology in
furthering success in existing and new markets.
* Leads the high-level requirements development process.
* Supports elicitation/development of high-level and detailed
business requirements for enterprise-level efforts.
* Partners with Account Managers collaborating on business
opportunities and solutions.
* Defines and redesigns processes that will further Account manager
* Supports the management of integrated (business, functional, and
technical) requirements and design, including participation and
oversight in defining enterprise-related processes and changes in
alignment with industry.
* Supports development of strategic plans and technology solutions
to meet business requirements across the enterprise.
* Addresses risks and implements contingency plans to resolve
issues impacting business or IT objectives across the
* Anticipates and identifies customer needs; matches products and
services to facilitate the fulfillment of those needs across large,
complex technology initiatives.
* Manages enhancements, relationship, and impact to enterprise
* Serves as a liaison between business and IT.
* Requires Bachelor's degree in related field. / Technical
institute degree. / Certifications in BSA, BA. / 10 or more years
of experience leading requirements development efforts. / 5-10
years project management experience.
* Any combination of education and experience, which would provide
an equivalent background.
* Experience in facilitation.
* Working knowledge of mainframe computer, hardware, and operating
systems and the impacts of changes in the systems stream.
* Requires a basic understanding of testing/product quality
processes, tools and methods, and an understanding or
organizational impacts and trade-offs of quality processes.
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
* Knowledge of a variety of technologies and/or the ability to
understand technology dependencies and manage technology
* Excellent multitasking, leadership, and managerial skills
* Experience with Rational tools, Six Sigma, or other process
improvement training preferred.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today!
Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Business Analyst (Job #6463), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!