IT Systems Admin 3 Security (Job #5745)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an IT Systems Admin 3 Security for a client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters
Will serve on the NNS IT Service Applications Operations team, which is responsible for administering and managing multiple Security based applications and supporting infrastructure. Success in this position requires technical knowledge of the application life cycle model, the ability to work as part of a team, and exceptional communications and collaborative skills.
• Monitor and manage application availability and performance.
• Resolve technical issues involving application configuration. This may include working directly with end-users.
• Deploy applications and services related to password updates, application and operating system provisioning, encryption and monitoring.
• Work with developer to deploy and troubleshoot custom solution packages.
• Migrate contents from development to test to production farm.
• Patch servers with hotfixes, cumulative updates and service packs.
• Share best practices with other team members.
• Provide suggestions to improve quality of the enterprise services.
• Minimum of 1.5 years of experience administering and supporting Security based deployments, preferably in a larger network supporting more than 50 users. At least 4 years of overall IT experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 administration, preferably in a larger network supporting more than 50 users.
• Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, Kerberos, Claims Authentication, and VMWare virtualization technologies.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012. Hands-on DBA experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with PowerShell and Java scripts.
• Familiarity with application development and customization.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with customer services, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , IT Systems Admin 3 Security (Job #5745), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!