Cognos Developer (Job #6206)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Cognos Developer for our client in the Newport News, VA area.
The Cognos Developer is a mid-level position whose function is to create and update system software to allow and improve productivity of the organization.
Areas of responsibility include: analysis of functional requirements, development of technical designs, development of applications, and coordinating software implementation.
Critical activities include: ensuring development coincides with identified requirements, collaborating with developers to address any coding conflicts or concerns, and coordinating and working with Quality Assurance and Business Analyst groups to ensure proper function of development.
* Design and develop applications and software tools to automate, improve, or change business processes and procedures.
* Serve as lead developer on medium and large-sized projects.
* Involved in project from startup through implementation to ensure all aspects of the technology plan are accounted for, understood, defined, and executed successfully.
* Build technical designs that properly leverage Client?s architecture, using industry standard notation.
* Learn requirements to interact with applications in the Client?s North American environment.
* Utilize the software development life cycle methodologies, processes, and procedures.
* Attain an advanced understanding of the Client?s Application Software systems.
* Learn the infrastructure of the Client?s On-Line system.
* Become proficient in design and coding.
* Complete peer Code-reviews.
* Complete peer Design reviews.
* Perform unit testing procedures.
* Continue to expand development skill sets.
* Provide estimates and meet deadlines.
* Provide technical leadership.
* Work with Business Analysts and Solution Managers to address requirement questions.
* Work closely with Business Analysts to design scalable solutions to problems.
* Work with Administration Team to design scalable application environments.
* Work with other team members on medium and large-sized projects.
* Work with peers, team leads, and supervisors in a collaborative and shared-learning environment.
* Work with third party software providers to ensure solutions meet the needs of the Client.
* Use Enterprise application integration (EAI) methodologies, products, standards, and best practices.
* Perform as point of contact for their projects from analysis to send out.
* Provide mentorship to other developers.
* Stay up to date with current technology enhancements.
* In addition to the essential job duties identified, all associates will perform duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
4 or more years of relevant experience is typically required to perform at expectation.
Applies broad job knowledge of own job area or basic job knowledge across multiple job areas.
* 4+ years related work experience developing in a 3GL or higher programming language.
* Basic understanding of UNIX.
* Experience working with relational databases, Oracle, SQL Server.
* Experience developing n-tier applications.
* Aptitude for analyzing data and business processes.
* Strong working knowledge of enterprise application integration (EAI) methodologies, products, standards, and best-practices.
* Understanding of web-based technologies, including browsers, HTML, XML, and CSS.
* Understanding of how configuration controls affect functionality.
* Ability to build technical designs from functional designs using industry-standard notation.
* Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences in written and non-written formats.
?MUST HAVE? SKILLS:
Experience with the following tools/programs:
* Data Manager.
* Framework Manager.
* Report Studio.
OTHER ?MUST HAVE? SKILLS:
* SQL Experience.
* Database experience.
* Experience in performance tuning in Cognos.
?DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED? SKILLS:
* Active Reporting.
* Dynamic Cubes.
* Metric Studio.
* Communicate with managers, associates and other stakeholders verbally and through writing.
* Input of data and other information into computer programs using a keyboard and other devices.
* Draft, review, and analyze written and electronic correspondence, presentations, and spreadsheets.
* Move throughout an office environment to utilize equipment, collect information, and attend meetings.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Cognos Developer (Job #6206), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!