Network Analyst (Job #5398)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Network Analyst for a client in the Newport News, VA area.
Procurement and configuration of voice and data equipment and services to facilitate the moves, additions and changes of branch offices. Maintain and support the Ferguson Wide Area Network (WAN) and voice over IP (VoIP) systems. Evaluate, and Provide tactical and strategic input on WAN planning and related projects. Troubleshoot the day-to-day operation of the WAN. Troubleshoot LAN/WAN issues as required and assist Network Engineers in the planning and troubleshooting of core network components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management.
• Determine hardware requirements for branch voice and data implementations.
• Install, maintain and oversee the operation of Cisco routers, switches, wireless and related peripheral equipment
• Obtain vendor quotes for network and phone equipment as needed for new locations, process and track equipment order shipments to ensure branch operation schedules are met.
• Configure Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, and ARC server as needed for proper call flow, routing and VoIP operation.
• Work with field technicians to ensure proper installation and activation of network components.
• Design call routing and flow for branch phone system operations
• Document and maintain hardware configuration standards.
• Troubleshoot and isolate network failures and performance issues; work closely with vendors for resolution.
• Responsible for monitoring the status of the WAN
• Maintain DHCP entries.
• Update HP Service Desk as required to track inventory and other configuration items.
• Responsible for the implementation and configuration of secondary connections across the WAN (VPN via DSL, EVDO or other method).
• Resolve firewall and security change requests on enterprise firewalls.
• Handle user problems, questions and request on network and VoIP issues.
• Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related issues as needed.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
• Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
• Work overtime as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced computer skills
• Advanced Network skills
• Advanced Cisco Call Manager skills
• Project management skills
• Usually 3 – 5 years of data communications experience
• Standard annual Ferguson performance review
• Vision: minimum vision required to prevent injury from oneself and others
• Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
• Lifting small weighed objects constantly; 10 pound objects frequently and 20 to 30 pound objects occasionally
Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory including arriving at the time scheduled by your supervisor daily.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Network Analyst (Job #5398), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!