Enterprise Architect Information Security (Job #6254)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect for Information Security for our client in the Newport News/Virginia Beach, VA area.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Performs the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise solution architecture.
* Duties will include Solution Design and testing Security technologies that can scale and be easily deployed in the Enterprise domain.
* Once Solution is developed, Individual will also work with ecosystem partners to Integrate to deliver end-end solutions for strategic Security usages.
* Participate in the design and development of security framework and features.
* Champion innovation and meaningful collaboration between product teams in the area of security
* Identify security requirements and assess feasibility and ramifications of these requirements
* Integrate security controls into the Software Development Lifecycle.
* Help in the Development of unit tests and useful code documentation.
* Understand, advocate, and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
* Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
* Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Analyze technology industry and market trends; determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
* Articulate the architecture process, its outcome, and ongoing results.
* Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Design and lead the implementation of an Enterprise Architecture (EA) based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies.
* Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring EA compliance.
* Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the EA).
* Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
* Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures, or culture) and financial impact of the EA.
* Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
* May be involved in system demonstrations.
* Assists in resolving operational issues and may perform other assignments as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by company management.
* Seeks educational opportunities to become "expert" in enterprise technologies, applications, and methodologies.
* May be called upon to analyze and/or recommend 3rd party packages or tools.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, or a related study, or equivalent experience.
* Five to seven years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, or operations.
* Experience with Java/eclipse, including scripting and use of source control.
* Experience in multiple OS (Linux, Windows) and VMM environment (ESXi, Xen, KVM).
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent analytical and technical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS SETS:
* ETL Processes and Strategy
* Information Transformation Strategy
* Data Architecture Oversight
* Data Warehousing Strategy
* Analytics Strategy
* Developing highly scalable web based/client applications.
* Software testing principles and validation techniques would be an added advantage.
* Experience in many facets of secure enterprise development practices.
* Experience with OAuth, identity management, authentication and authorization schemes.
* Experience in securing scalable and high-throughput systems.
* Experience securing Web Services and RESTful APIs.
* Experience with RDBMS (such as MySQL and Oracle) security.
* Ability to design and implement using modern patterns and methodologies.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
* Able to work effectively within a team environment.
* Able to work independently in an agile development environment.
* Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
* Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
* Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
* Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
* Strong understanding of systems, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems.
* Understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate the political waters.
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
* Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
* Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
* Works well with others.
* Respected leader.
* Remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice.
* More interested in results than personal preferences.
* Displays intellectual integrity.
* Motivated by long-term results.
* There are 5 levels of proficiency; from low to high: Awareness, Basic, Skilful, Mastery, and Expert.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Enterprise Architect Information Security (Job #6254), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!