Senior Virtualization Engineer (Job #6436)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 15, 2023
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Senior Virtualization
Engineer in the Virginia Beach, VA (Hampton Roads) area.
As a Senior Virtualization Engineer for SLAIT Consulting the candidate will be responsible for enterprise level architecting, engineering, managing, assessing, technical pre-sales consulting, and maintaining a strong knowledge in a diverse set of technologies in the virtualization space. Tasks consist of implementation and design of new and upgrade projects, system health assessments, problem resolution consulting, and proof of concept projects as well as engineering service support. By being part of SLAIT Consulting?s engineering team, the candidate will find a great deal of opportunities to expand and utilize knowledge and skillsets from a wide range of industry leaders and breaking new market technology vendors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Wide exposure to a variety of technologies and architectures in a hands-on and directly involved way
- Understanding system engineering process (requirements gathering, task lists and timelines, risks, project scope, project planning)
- Confident in their knowledge and can effectively communicate it to technical and non-technical people alike
- Willingness to learn in a way beneficial to SLAIT Consulting, the department, and their own career
- Able to effectively manage expectation on their own time and projects by prioritizing tasks while understanding potential technical risks
Qualifications – Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in a systems engineer or consulting role.
- Citrix or industry-level certification in correlation to the technologies listed
- VMware or industry-level certification in correlation to the technologies listed
Strong Experience of the technologies below recommended:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technologies (View & Horizon, XenApp, XenDesktop, Workspace)
- VMware vSphere 5.x (ESXi, Standard Switch, Distributed Switch, vMotion/HA/FT, Clusters, DRS)
- Published Application technologies (Horizon Workspace, XenApp, Cloud Workspace)
- Other Server Infrastructure Virtualization technologies (XenServer, or Hyper-V)
Knowledge of any of the additional technologies below is a plus:
- Citrix NetScaler implementation and solutions
- Mobile Device and Application Management solutions (XenMobile, AirWatch, MobileIron)
- Disaster Recovery solutions (VMware SRM)
- Cisco UCS architecture and management as well as FlexPod
- Cloud computing (Rackspace, Azure, Cloud Computing, CloudPlatform)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, Group Policy (GPO), DFS
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and greater
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and later and Windows 7 and later Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Lync
- Backup and E-mail Archiving solutions
- SQL Server (Cluster, High Availability (HA), AlwaysOn)
- System/Client Management solutions (SCCM, Altiris)
- VPN technologies and troubleshooting
- Storage protocols (NetApp, Tintri, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, NFS, DAS, Fiber Channel, FC Zones)
- LAN/WAN routing, switching, firewall rules (NAT, ACL, VLAN)
Travel is based on project and resources needs of our clients. General expectation of travel can be 0-15% outside of the state of Virginia.
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Senior Virtualization Engineer in the Virginia Beach, VA (Hampton Roads) area.
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Senior Virtualization Engineer (Job #6436), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
here to apply!