Project Coordinator (Job #6392)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 15, 2023
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Project Coordinator for
a client in the Newport News, VA area.
To plan (engineer), implement/install and test all technical aspects of the infrastructure based on standards that have been set.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operations.
• Interpret site surveys and drawings to identify project requirements
• Engineer and implement the following technologies: Wireless, VoIP, Data routing/switching, or traditional voice
• Approve Statement of Work and Bill of Materials
• Order and oversee the installation of required hardware
• Test and identify any short falls in the initial install and work follow-up issues to completion
• Order new voice/data services and upgrade existing services as needed
• Ensure wiring closet cabling and hardware installations are accurate
• Document and track all project activities in defined enterprise tools, IE; SM9 and CMDB
• Follow and adhere to defined project communications plan
• Coordinate and manage 3rd party contractor activities
• Coordinate with internal engineering, project management, support, and security groups
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
• Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations, and procedures
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
• Work extended hours as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 0-2 years hands-on experience with the technologies listed under "Essential Duties and Responsibilities"
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Poise and maturity to interact with Ferguson management and other company executives
• Ability to present material in an understandable and professional manner
• Ability to understand and explain difficult technical topics
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new information
• Ability to adapt to change
• Organizational skills
• Productivity and Efficiency
• Quality of work
• Accuracy of work
• Timely Project Completion
• Ability to handle change
• Ability to work within your management structure and accept guidance and direction
• Level of technical ability/skill/competency
• Self motivation and initiative
• Team player
• Lifting 20-pound objects constantly; and 50 pound objects occasionally are required
• Crouching, kneeling, reaching and grasping objects
• Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory, including arriving at the time scheduled by your supervisor daily.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Project Coordinator for a client in the Newport News, VA area.
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , Project Coordinator (Job #6392), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
here to apply!