ETL Developer (Job #6152)
Location: Virginia Beach
Posted on: March 15, 2023
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an ETL Developer for our
client in the Newport News/Virginia Beach, VA area.
In this role, you will learn the Client?s infrastructure and data while providing technical expertise in the implementation of ETL projects for Business Intelligence. The Incumbent will help the Client to move onto new software and hardware.
* Design and develop Data Stage applications to automate, improve, or populate the Business Intelligence Netezza database.
* Utilize Agile software development life cycle methodologies, processes, and procedures.
* Serve as sole ETL developer on one of several BI agile teams.
* Collaborate with other ETL developers and Architects within BI to establish new department processes and best practices.
* Provide estimates in Sprint planning and meet Sprint deadlines.
* Work with Business Analysts to understand requirements during Sprint Planning and translate needs to a technical design.
* Build and execute unit tests.
* Aptitude to complete up to medium-sized projects independently and large projects with the assistance of an Architect.
* Complete appropriate documentation to submit for peer code-reviews, identifying coding and structural issues.
* Work closely with project team to design scalable solutions.
* Work with peers, teammates, Architects, Scrum Masters, and supervisors in a collaborative and shared-learning environment.
* Provide mentorship to less experienced developers.
* Configuring and maintain scheduled ETL jobs.
* Define, prepare, and execute migration packages for new ETL objects.
* Develop SQL programs and Oracle Stored Procedures as required for the ETL processes and Data Integration activities.
* Provide batch execution support during testing and QA.
* Develop bug-fixes and oversee performance-tuning efforts of ETL jobs.
* Experience working with DataStage or other ETL Tools.
* Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
* Experience writing and tuning SQL statements.
* Experience working with n-tier applications.
* Aptitude for analyzing data and business processes.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
* Flexibility to work a variety of hours (ie: overtime / weekend, if involved in a critical issue).
* Versatility to work as a team member as well as individually.
* Ability to Develop, Extract, Transfor, and Load (ETL) procedures for implementing data integration and data loading tasks.
* Ability to develop complex Oracle PL/SQL programs for the Data Warehouse.
* Analyze transaction errors and troubleshoot issues in the software.
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an ETL Developer for our client in the Newport News/Virginia Beach, VA area.
Keywords: , Virginia Beach , ETL Developer (Job #6152), IT / Software / Systems , Virginia Beach, Virginia
here to apply!